• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Worst Films You Have Seen"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    The original with Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren?

unbelievable.

That's the one. Just awful.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Universal Soldier. Only film I've ever walked out of a cinema in the middle of.
    The original with Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren?

unbelievable.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Started watching Spy the other day, baed on its review ratings. Gave up after about 20 minutes of puerile rubbish
    Yes, but it was quite funny and had Jason Statham in it.

I liked it.

It was much much much much betterer than "The Mexican".

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Universal Soldier. Only film I've ever walked out of a cinema in the middle of.

Leave a comment:

• moggy
    replied
    Tree of Life..

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by unixman View Post
    Indeed. Last night I watched the original Star Wars on ITV2. But of course it was a Lucas-molested version.

The pure original version is out there. Well, Harmy's recreation of it, anyway...
    There's a fan project that's rescanned an original 1977 35mm print in 4K: The Star Wars Trilogy | Project 4K77

97% of project 4K77 is from a single, original 1977 35mm Technicolor release print so if it goes from blurry to sharp, grainy to not grainy, bright to dark, that's because it also did that in 1977… about 1200 frames came from another 4K scan of a different 1977 Technicolor print. About 2000 frames came from a red faded, Eastman print of Star Wars. Roughly 2000 frames came from the same LPP print as The Silver Screen Edition (rescanned at 4K), another 1000 frames or so came from 4K scans of two different 1997 35mm prints of the Star Wars Special Edition. Finally, about 400 frames that couldn't be sourced from anywhere else at the time they were needed, were upscaled from the official bluray.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooo !

You had the original? With Jabba as a bloke ? The one I saw in Newcastle in '77 ? Even with adverts that is a mighty heirloom.
    Ah, no, the original didn't have the Jabba as a bloke scene - it was cut by the time it made it to TV. I'm talking a taping from c. 1988

On a plus note, I've started collecting the vintage figures again. Some of the prices are reasonable, others are eye-watering.

Leave a comment:

• unixman
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    I had it until recently, albeit on VHS and taped from ITV one Christmas.
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooo !

You had the original? With Jabba as a bloke ? The one I saw in Newcastle in '77 ? Even with adverts that is a mighty heirloom.

Leave a comment:

• sbakoola
    replied
    Freddy Got Fingered, the only movie I ever walked out on due to boredom and it being so bad. Tom Green's career tanked as he was unfunny and untalented.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Indeed. Last night I watched the original Star Wars on ITV2. But of course it was a Lucas-molested version.

The pure original version is out there. Well, Harmy's recreation of it, anyway...
    I had it until recently, albeit on VHS and taped from ITV one Christmas.

Shame Jabba was a bloke originally and the CGI Jabba in ANH now looks dated and at a different stage in time to the original. The biggest problem has been GL's incessant desire to add levity and "kidify" the movies. Ewoks overused, JarJar existing, adding the comedy moments into the Mos Eisley landspeeder scene, etc. Why borrow from Kurosawa and others then add slapstick? Meh.

Leave a comment:

• unixman
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Presumably the seminal, unfeckedaboutwith, original one.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    - AI
    - Howard the Duck

Judging by the cinema audience reaction, I wasn't alone in hating AI. Ugh. Also:

- any Star Wars film bar the original three. Although the middle 3 were obviously worst, the recent ones (be honest) are derivative rubbish, and political lectures to boot.

Also:
    - any Star Wars film bar the original ONE.

Yeah, I said it.
    Schizophrenic much?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    47 metres down

Daughter wanted to watch it because it was supposed to be scary and it was just awful.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Started watching Spy the other day, baed on its review ratings. Gave up after about 20 minutes of puerile rubbish

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    - any Star Wars film bar the original ONE.

Yeah, I said it.
    Presumably the seminal, unfeckedaboutwith, original one.

I dozed through Episode 1 & Episode 2 in the cinema, whilst Episode 3 was watched on dvd many years later when it had reduced in price to £2 in a charity emporium.

It's many years since I saw "Howard the Duck", but it resides in a pile somewhere, ready for digging out should the necessity arise.

It may even be the same pile as "In the name of the king", but a bit lower down, like.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 August 2018, 09:54.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X