• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Lunch Time Drinking"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Yes clearly I'm a bit soft because I drink sensibly.

Moron.
    As usual, you judge other people by your own standards. Have you ever thought about becoming a missionary ?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    No there is an absolute level of safe drinking ...
    Recent studies have shown that being tee-total produces a life expectancy the same as that for those who drink to the UK government invented limits.

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    In theory at least, you should get slightly more pissed on the Wine than the Beer.
    Different drinks have different alcohol absorbtion rates. In general less alcohol is actually absorbed, the stronger the drink.

maybe, fair enough.
    I suppose my mate hasn't touched any for years now. I feel I can't have a couple of whiskies with him which makes us drift apart. Sad.
    That shouldn't happen. A bottle of whiskey is a wonderful thing to share with a friend. Preferably a tee-totaller.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    seriously all you pious non drinkers

you think you gonna live forever?
    Not here either...

Leave a comment:

• pzz76077
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Thank flip
    Thats what my doc told me a while back, liver no problem- get another one on the internet, but heart transplant, then you have to give up drinking.

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
    You only need 20% of your liver to live a normal life....its just your brain and your heart you need to worry about.

PZZ
    Thank feck

Leave a comment:

• pzz76077
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Well quite.
    You only need 20% of your liver to live a normal life....its just your brain and your heart you need to worry about.

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Jeez. I'd have a liver test if I were you.
    Well quite.

Leave a comment:

• pzz76077
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I could easily drink a bottle of wine over lunch and still be able to work.

The vast majority of people would be shocked though and it would raise questions about your personal life and your ability to do the job.
    I remember a contract I did for an energy company in Lisbon - no less than a bottle and a half each every lunch time and another around 6 pm or they thought you batted for the other side. Me being a non-drinker and all, bet they thought that I was a right uphill gardener!

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I could easily drink a bottle of wine over lunch and still be able to work.

The vast majority of people would be shocked though and it would raise questions about your personal life and your ability to do the job.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Where?
    Not here!

Leave a comment:

• pzz76077
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    Is a bottle of wine too much to drink in a lunch break?

Dishcush.
    Drinking wine at lunchtime is all about portion control - drink smaller bottles and you can have 2 or 3....

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post

Where?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    You couldn't resist posting though, could you?

You'll learn, one day.
    It passes the time

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Which would matter if you mattered and/or I gave a tulip.

HTH
    You couldn't resist posting though, could you?

You'll learn, one day.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X