• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: V

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "V"

Collapse

• Clippy
    replied
    I used to love the original and couldn't wait for the next episode.

Not too impressed with the remake though. They seemed to have condesnsed all of the back story into the first few episodes. Why?

Still, let's see how it pans out.

If it stays like this though, I can't see it getting renewed.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    ITV showed it to compete with the Olympics, so I guess that was 1984.

I loved it, despite all the cheese. I've got the DVDs, and the novel somewhere. It had all the less than subtle Nazi references, and made me want to grow up to become a terrorist even more than Blakes 7 had. Slightly weak ending though, and then an even weaker spin off series.
    The original did have the beastmaster in it

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Alien lizards with latex human masks. They put up posters everywhere showing the friendly aliens smiling, then the resistance went around spraying big red "V"s on them.

Just at the time it started showing in the UK (around 1983?), the evangelist preacher Billy Graham was doing a tour of the UK, and his posters showed his smiling face. It wasn't long before they had big red "V"s sprayed on them in real life
    ITV showed it to compete with the Olympics, so I guess that was 1984.

I loved it, despite all the cheese. I've got the DVDs, and the novel somewhere. It had all the less than subtle Nazi references, and made me want to grow up to become a terrorist even more than Blakes 7 had. Slightly weak ending though, and then an even weaker spin off series.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Just watched the first two. I quite enjoyed it actually, though if this is a full 22 episode series they've given away far too much too soon.

Do we get to see Morena Baccarin swallow a hamster?
    Never mind that, I want to see the Guinea Pig

( sorry Pogle )

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Is this a remake of the chronic late 70's early 80's thing? Alien lizards etc.
    Alien lizards with latex human masks. They put up posters everywhere showing the friendly aliens smiling, then the resistance went around spraying big red "V"s on them.

Just at the time it started showing in the UK (around 1983?), the evangelist preacher Billy Graham was doing a tour of the UK, and his posters showed his smiling face. It wasn't long before they had big red "V"s sprayed on them in real life

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    I'm disappointed we haven't seen the V's go native, you got that a lot more in the old version, especially with Diana.

This one of a tad sterile to say the least.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Just watched the first two. I quite enjoyed it actually, though if this is a full 22 episode series they've given away far too much too soon.

I'd like to see her swallow something!

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    I thought it has a lot of promise unlike caprica.

Good slant on the visitors already being here for years before the motherships arrive, being terrorists etc.

The special effects should be up to date too. The blonde detective is a bit of a MILF while Anna (Morena Baccarin) looked a lot better in firefly / serenity.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    It restarted the other week in the US, but I can't be arsed to download it anymore. It won't get a second season.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    I liked the film...

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Just watched ep2 that I downloaded this morning. I think they will can it before the season ends. There are no new stories there. It's a re-hash of plots from random shows from the last twenty years. I know you could say the same about all US drama, and UK for that matter, but FFS!

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Eh!? This isnt due on the UK Sci Fi channel until early 2010 I heard. Is it on now or what?
    Yep, started in the US on Tuesday night, downloaded it from usenet.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    anyone catch it?

Bit of a slow burner this one, but like battlestar, will have to wait and see.
    Eh!? This isnt due on the UK Sci Fi channel until early 2010 I heard. Is it on now or what?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    I was a tad disappointed they gave most of the game away so early. IIR the original series kept ya goin' for a while and despite the bad special effects and 80's hairdoos it was great.
    I thought that bird without the gag-reflex was amazing!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X