• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

V

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Just watched the first two. I quite enjoyed it actually, though if this is a full 22 episode series they've given away far too much too soon.

Do we get to see Morena Baccarin swallow a hamster?
    Never mind that, I want to see the Guinea Pig

( sorry Pogle )
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Alien lizards with latex human masks. They put up posters everywhere showing the friendly aliens smiling, then the resistance went around spraying big red "V"s on them.

Just at the time it started showing in the UK (around 1983?), the evangelist preacher Billy Graham was doing a tour of the UK, and his posters showed his smiling face. It wasn't long before they had big red "V"s sprayed on them in real life
      ITV showed it to compete with the Olympics, so I guess that was 1984.

I loved it, despite all the cheese. I've got the DVDs, and the novel somewhere. It had all the less than subtle Nazi references, and made me want to grow up to become a terrorist even more than Blakes 7 had. Slightly weak ending though, and then an even weaker spin off series.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        ITV showed it to compete with the Olympics, so I guess that was 1984.

I loved it, despite all the cheese. I've got the DVDs, and the novel somewhere. It had all the less than subtle Nazi references, and made me want to grow up to become a terrorist even more than Blakes 7 had. Slightly weak ending though, and then an even weaker spin off series.
        The original did have the beastmaster in it
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I used to love the original and couldn't wait for the next episode.

Not too impressed with the remake though. They seemed to have condesnsed all of the back story into the first few episodes. Why?

Still, let's see how it pans out.

If it stays like this though, I can't see it getting renewed.

Comment

Working...
          X