• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Beer

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Beer"

Collapse

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Don't know about being a parent, but if you want disturbed sleep, worry when they are noisy, worry when they are quiet, cleaning up mess constantly, feeding, and generally constant caregiving, try two 8 week old puppies
    kittens - no mess just no sleep

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    It must be wonderful to be a parent
    Don't know about being a parent, but if you want disturbed sleep, worry when they are noisy, worry when they are quiet, cleaning up mess constantly, feeding, and generally constant caregiving, try two 8 week old puppies

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    8 out of 10 sane people who want a life prefer cats

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    When I got home, my youngest insisted on me watching Police Academy with her - the one in Moscow. It seemed to be very funny.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    It's nice to see I've kicked off a few other threads. So far, as far as I can recall, it's been a pint of Kilkenny, four pints of Guiness, 40ml Jameson, and 200ml of a very decent cabernet sauvignon.

When I got home, my youngest insisted on me watching Police Academy with her - the one in Moscow. It seemed to be very funny.

Now - I'm on water.
    taittinger and now on the abbot

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    It's nice to see I've kicked off a few other threads. So far, as far as I can recall, it's been a pint of Kilkenny, four pints of Guiness, 40ml Jameson, and 200ml of a very decent cabernet sauvignon.

Now - I'm on water.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Scary View Post
    Why would you drink Stella in Belgium? Mine's a Delirium Tremens, cheers.
    Palm or Duvel for me

Leave a comment:

• Scary
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    Stella tastes good in Belgium. You need to watch out for those infamous words: "Brewed in the UK".
    Why would you drink Stella in Belgium? Mine's a Delirium Tremens, cheers.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Youngs took over my local.

It had been run by a micro-brewery who had it on a lease. When they took on the lease it was a tulip-hole (quite a few of my friends had been barred after plod caught them drinking aged 16).

They stocked it with wonderful beer, their own and many, many guest beers of all strengths and tastes.

The freeholder sold it to Youngs.

Youngs told them they could no longer decide what beer to sell, and could no longer sell beer from their own micro-brewery.

It's now just another Youngs clone pub, nice enough but not exceptional.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Staropramen is my current tipple of choice - moved on from the Stella

but the local is a great pub - does a lot of real ale and so they always make sure that all the brews are properly managed and maintained.

Thirsty now!

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Stella is tulipe.

Becks is better, Grolsh as well.

Proper blokes don't drink fizzy beer you can see through anyway.
    Absolutely.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    But even when it's tip-top condition (I am assured), it tastes horrible to me. A nasty metal taste. I can't remember what the Belgian stuff is like, but surely to God it has to be better than that.

Anyway, glad you're enjoying it - pity it has to be at leaving dos.
    Stella is tulipe.

Becks is better, Grolsh as well.

Proper blokes don't drink fizzy beer you can see through anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Diestl
    replied
    Peroni is my favourite, the big 660ml bottles if at home.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Stella can go from very good to very bad between pubs.

Had the first out the pipes yesterday and it was grim. Should have sent it back.

The other 2 contractors left this week so I have been boozing most lunch times this week.
    But even when it's tip-top condition (I am assured), it tastes horrible to me. A nasty metal taste. I can't remember what the Belgian stuff is like, but surely to God it has to be better than that.

Anyway, glad you're enjoying it - pity it has to be at leaving dos.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    We had Stella on special at home, and it is a stronger tasting lager than others such as Grolsch, Becks & Bud; not my favourite. Becks Vier I found very nice.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X