• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Can anyone recommend a good recordable Freeview box?"

Collapse

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
    I use HUMAX, excellent, can record 2 channels at once and watch a third at the sametime, Sky+ can't do this!
    Has it got a USB port?

Leave a comment:

• Waldorf
    replied
    I use HUMAX, excellent, can record 2 channels at once and watch a third at the sametime, Sky+ can't do this!

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    My ultra-cheap LitOn recorder has been a most excellent piece of kit over the years (only 80Gb though, and DVD recorder failed early on), but doesn't seem keen on my new digital TV, or is getting a bit long in the tooth. My TV switches between scart and regular digital TV intermittently when the recorder is on for some reason, especially when its hot.

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    Originally posted by krytonsheep View Post

So I was told before I bought mine,

and it hangs or mis-records about once a week, most unreliable purchase that I ever made.

tim

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    I have a Samsung Sky+ HD box. Whilst it is an OK piece of kit I despise having to pay Sky every month and the box does occasionally hang, needing a reboot/unplug from the wall. The missus insists we have Sky. Given a free hand, I would buy a Freesat HD PVR box by Humax or Topfield.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    build your own media center, add a quad core chip, 1tb of RAID disk space and windows 7 with 2 x hauppauge dual tuner cards. Invest in a slingbox and hey presto you have up to 4 channels recorded or 1 watched/3 recorded at any time and you can watch it all on your mobile or from anywhere abroad on your laptop.. that's what I did and it works a treat.
    I have to admit - that's what Mr C is contemplating for the next upgrade...

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by krytonsheep View Post
    WHS.

I've got an old 9200T that's coming up to 2 years old.

Excellent piece of kit...

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    I use my PS3 with PlayTV.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    build your own media center, add a quad core chip, 1tb of RAID disk space and windows 7 with 2 x hauppauge dual tuner cards. Invest in a slingbox and hey presto you have up to 4 channels recorded or 1 watched/3 recorded at any time and you can watch it all on your mobile or from anywhere abroad on your laptop.. that's what I did and it works a treat.

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Another vote for the Humax box, got 2 of them and you really get used to freezing and rewinding live telly even if you aren't recording it, chase-watching and best of all the 30 sec jump button for jibbing past adverts. Pretty soon it is like having your own channel and you almost never watch anything live, even footy is worth kicking on after 15 minutes to skip half time...

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Got two Asda 80 quid specials, seem good enough to me.

Leave a comment:

• craig_m67
    replied
    avoid the ones from Phillips. We had two - they both would hang and need rebooting (physical unplugging) every 100hrs or so viewing.. very annoying. bought one of those power boards that turns everything off when the master socket is off to solve this but it would take a while to boot everytime. very annoying.. like not using paragraphs or proper grammer

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Apart from it costing you every single month, unlike a Freesat/Freeview PVR.
    Yes, but you pays for what you get and realistically all the other PVR's are a sack of wank in comparison.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Apart from it costing you every single month, unlike a Freesat/Freeview PVR.

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    Indeed Sky+ is a thing of beauty.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X