• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can anyone recommend a good recordable Freeview box?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

build your own media center, add a quad core chip, 1tb of RAID disk space and windows 7 with 2 x hauppauge dual tuner cards. Invest in a slingbox and hey presto you have up to 4 channels recorded or 1 watched/3 recorded at any time and you can watch it all on your mobile or from anywhere abroad on your laptop.. that's what I did and it works a treat.
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I use my PS3 with PlayTV.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by krytonsheep View Post
        WHS.

I've got an old 9200T that's coming up to 2 years old.

Excellent piece of kit...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          build your own media center, add a quad core chip, 1tb of RAID disk space and windows 7 with 2 x hauppauge dual tuner cards. Invest in a slingbox and hey presto you have up to 4 channels recorded or 1 watched/3 recorded at any time and you can watch it all on your mobile or from anywhere abroad on your laptop.. that's what I did and it works a treat.
          I have to admit - that's what Mr C is contemplating for the next upgrade...
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I have a Samsung Sky+ HD box. Whilst it is an OK piece of kit I despise having to pay Sky every month and the box does occasionally hang, needing a reboot/unplug from the wall. The missus insists we have Sky. Given a free hand, I would buy a Freesat HD PVR box by Humax or Topfield.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by krytonsheep View Post

So I was told before I bought mine,

and it hangs or mis-records about once a week, most unreliable purchase that I ever made.

tim

Comment

My ultra-cheap LitOn recorder has been a most excellent piece of kit over the years (only 80Gb though, and DVD recorder failed early on), but doesn't seem keen on my new digital TV, or is getting a bit long in the tooth. My TV switches between scart and regular digital TV intermittently when the recorder is on for some reason, especially when its hot.

Comment

I use HUMAX, excellent, can record 2 channels at once and watch a third at the sametime, Sky+ can't do this!
                  "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
                    I use HUMAX, excellent, can record 2 channels at once and watch a third at the sametime, Sky+ can't do this!
                    Has it got a USB port?

Comment

Working...
                    X