• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Dnt Txt And Drv

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dnt Txt And Drv"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    She looks so sane too..
    you know whats scary ?

she is an identical twin. There's TWO of em

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Follow the link about the mad women running across the M6, then have a look at this.
    She looks so sane too..

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    At least it was yoghurt, rather than chutney.

Leave a comment:

• Archangel
    replied
    I passed a car on a dual carriageway last week and glanced over (I have a 4x4 so could see into the 206).

She was eating a yogurt, with a spoon. Must have been steering with her knees.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Follow the link about the mad women running across the M6, then have a look at this.

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    I was in almost that exact situation once, except for the actual crash bit. I was driving along on a wide, straight bit of road and could see a car coming towards me. Then it started drifting vaguely and eventually crossed the white line and continued moving across. Fortunately, the road was wide enough that I could edge over and get past. I beep-beeped as we got close and saw the other driver look up from her phone, eyes wide and swerve back onto her side of the road, which was fortunate as there were other cars behind me which would have run out of room if she'd carried on.

It was like she'd completely zoned out of the fact she was driving. So, yeah, a very realistic film there.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Well if it has an effect, they reduce the time spent responding to accidents. How many accidents have to be prevented to get their 10k back? I'd guess about 1.
    WHS

Money well spent IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Absolutely excellent.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by centurian View Post
    While I think it is very cost effective, I question why the police should be paying for this kind of thing out of their budget, instead of catching criminals.
    Well if it has an effect, they reduce the time spent responding to accidents. How many accidents have to be prevented to get their 10k back? I'd guess about 1.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Still probably one of the most shocking public info films I've seen, I just hope it's effective.

The ambiguous baby stare scene with the kids asking for the parents to wake up was particularly upsetting, sent shivers down my spine... Also made me want to buy a big 4x4.

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    As it was made by the emergency services (the Police to be precise) they were presumably able to persuade their personnel to give up some time for it. It probably doubled as a useful training exercise.
    While I think it is very cost effective, I question why the police should be paying for this kind of thing out of their budget, instead of catching criminals. Surely this should be the Department of Transport. But then I guess it would have cost them 10 million, so perhaps we should be glad.

It would have cost considerably more than 10K - as you say, I think it doubled as a training excercise, so the cost of their personnel/helicopter/vehicles etc. effectively came out of that budget.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Powerful stuff, but made for £10K is clearly a bit of a lie. Made for £10K with all the emergency services providing helicopters, cars and fire engines and personnel for free, maybe.
    As it was made by the emergency services (the Police to be precise) they were presumably able to persuade their personnel to give up some time for it. It probably doubled as a useful training exercise.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I heard on the news this morning this has become something of an internet hit, with a lot of people in the US watching.

Powerful stuff, but made for £10K is clearly a bit of a lie. Made for £10K with all the emergency services providing helicopters, cars and fire engines and personnel for free, maybe.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    started a topic Dnt Txt And Drv

Dnt Txt And Drv

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8203091.stm

Powerful stuff, amazing what can be made with just £10k.

Working...
X