• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "While my tattoo gently weeps..."

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    So I have an ugly face anyway. Does removing the piercing help?
    Maybe a safety pin to hold a mask on

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Define the person? No, but it does shape peoples opinions.

Let's face it first impressions are quite significant, it's well known that people make snap judgements on what they see before a person speaks a word.

I do admit that my dislike of tattoo's is probably a function of my upbringing and generation and despite them having become thoroughly mainstream I do find them almost universally unattractive. I even admit that it's a bigoted (sp?) attitude, but the more I see them the less I generally like them. I also dislike facial piercings as again I think they look ugly.
    So I have an ugly face anyway. Does removing the piercing help?

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Oh FFS! Such silly attitudes make me want to go and get a strange piercing or something. Jeez - a bit of metal or ink in your body is hardly the end of the world.
    You might not think it's attractive but surely it does not define the person?
    Define the person? No, but it does shape peoples opinions.

Let's face it first impressions are quite significant, it's well known that people make snap judgements on what they see before a person speaks a word.

I do admit that my dislike of tattoo's is probably a function of my upbringing and generation and despite them having become thoroughly mainstream I do find them almost universally unattractive. I even admit that it's a bigoted (sp?) attitude, but the more I see them the less I generally like them. I also dislike facial piercings as again I think they look ugly.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Oh FFS! Such silly attitudes make me want to go and get a strange piercing or something. Jeez - a bit of metal or ink in your body is hardly the end of the world.
    You might not think it's attractive but surely it does not define the person?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Tattoos are old hat anyway. The latest fashion apparently is to have old machine parts inserted into the skin. Engine parts from a Triumph Herald are particularly fashionable. Daughter of a neighbour of mine has a carburettor in the back of her neck, looks great.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Are there some masons on here? The wife wants a doorway bricked up. Mail me if interested.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    There is a difference between chav tatoos and body art. I'm surprised at BGG's response given he is supposed to be into alternative music. As for old people with tatoos, well possibly they were Punks? Is that a sad thing, to my mind being normal and safe is sad.
    Now who's stereotyping...

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Can we assume you are not a member?

Can't you leave people to their own beliefs?
    Is Masonism a belief now? I thought it was just people feeling superior they're in some club with silly rules. Much like American college fraternities perhaps?

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    If we could force scabies into pictures and nice patterns we would not need tattoos. I should be able to download from a memory stick in my ear and make my nose or lunchbox any size I want. This genetic engineering is rubbish.
    Is this the real world you were hoping for?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    If we could force scabies into pictures and nice patterns we would not need tattoos. I should be able to download from a memory stick in my ear and make my nose or lunchbox any size I want. This genetic engineering is rubbish.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    No no no, not all the WC are chavs, that'd be silly. Chav's are a template which can apply to any social demographic.

As for my adoption at birth, I was shocked to learn of my potential beginnings, but mighty glad I was adopted. Chav at heart ? I could easily have been, and that's a scary and shameful thought.
    I think you are a terrible snob. You should try taking people as you find them for a change rather than sterotyping people in boxes of scum, based on their appearance alone.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    WSS...

I refer my learned counsel to my previous post...

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Boudica View Post
    I would really like a tattoo on my the inside of my wrist I'm put off by the fact that my ex used to say they were for sailors, slappers and yakuza... maybe he was saying I'm a slapper
    He is your "ex" - WTF do you care what he thinks

Leave a comment:

• Boudica
    replied
    I would really like a tattoo on my the inside of my wrist I'm put off by the fact that my ex used to say they were for sailors, slappers and yakuza... maybe he was saying I'm a slapper

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    I recall the convo very well.

And I left with the belief that some things need to be changed, and the UGL should be either forced to disband or made to accept all genders.

Having a few "token clubs for women" just in order to pay lip-service to gender equality is a rather sneaky way of saying "Actually, we don't allow women because rules are rules, however, these clubs help our PR by being seen to be accomodating."

That's not progressive. That's misdirection.

Progressive is when the UGL open its doors to all.

Until then, it's firmly stuck in the Dark Ages.
    The mixed and women only lodges are not connected to UGLE in any way. Do you expect the WI to accept men? Or the Round Table to accept women?

You're advocating change in an organisation that you don't even belong to.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X