• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Anyone live here?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone live here?"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    BURGLARY HOTSPOTS

NG5 Arnold, Notts
    LE3 Leicester
    NG2 West Bridgford
    CH66 Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
    LS8 Roundhay, Leeds
    SW11 Battersea, south London
    S8 Sheffield
    N8 Hornsey, north London
    CR0 Croydon, Surrey
    BN3 Hove, Sussex
    NG3 Sherwood, Notts
    NG8 Bilborough, Notts
    BR3 Beckenham, Kent
    M28 Worsley, Gtr Manchester
    LS15 Crossgates, Leeds
    E17 Walthamstow, east London
    BS7 Bristol
    SW6 Fulham, south-west London
    SE23 Forest Hill, south-east London
    SL6 Maidenhead, Berks

tulipeholes.
    Maidenhead is one of the poshest places around.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    No entries for Liverpool ...
    That's because they come over the Runcorn bridge to rob everything in sight in Cheshire.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Although Sherwood Nottingham is a good 50 minutes car ride from Sherwood Forest...

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I used to live in Beckenham. Was fine then, wonder what's changed.

PS That was a rhetorical question. Been there since too.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    My brother-in-law lives in West Bridgford and actually it's one of the most desirable areas in Nottingham, the right side of the river and everything....

That's where all the 'Professional Classes' live...

Which is why it gets hit by the chavs I s'pose...
    I assume that's the case for Roundhay as well. It is a desirable area (at least when I last looked).

When I lived in an "des. res." part of North Yorkshire, folks got hit by travelling thieves - from Geordie land if you lived near the A1, from Bradford and Leeds if you lived nearer those places.

Leave a comment:

• NickNick
    replied
    I've lived in one of those postcodes for the last 10 years or so. In the first 5 years we had three break-ins. One of which was a complete clear out of the house while we were on holiday. We then moved a couple of roads away and have had not a single break in in the past 5 years. So, giving it to just the first identifier is a little bit lame IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• Advocate
    replied
    Originally posted by MrToast View Post
    So its pure coincidence then that these places you have visted or stayed near happen to be the burglary hotspots? Hmmmn.....
    Cat burglar...

/it's a friday alright?

Leave a comment:

• MrToast
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Most of them and stayed near quite a few, I move around unlike many so called contractors
    So its pure coincidence then that these places you have visted or stayed near happen to be the burglary hotspots? Hmmmn.....

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by MrToast View Post
    Been to all of those postcodes then Baggy?
    Most of them and stayed near quite a few, I move around unlike many so called contractors

Leave a comment:

• MrToast
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    A mixture of bad areas and ones next to bad areas.
    Been to all of those postcodes then Baggy?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I live in one of the top ones on that list. The problem with insurance companies categorising these things by post code is that they cover such a broad area.

In my case, there's a crappy sink estate a mile to the south-west, another a mile to the north-west, and areas full of terraces rented out to students to the north and east. The estates' residents thrive in a black economy built on burgling each other's houses, and every student house that gets turned over generates three or four individual insurance claims, thus inflating the figures.

Meanwhile I live in a small area with a mix of young (or not so young in my case) professional types and middle class families, and all our insurance premiums are ramped up because of the nearby barbarians

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Crumlin View Post
    SL6, my old Nan lives there. Mind you, knowing her side of the family's history, it's likely it's her doing the robbing. Wondered where she got that 42" plasma from.
    Cash Converters?

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Is that list in terms of numbers of burglaries, or value of stuff nicked? If the latter, Bond Street should have jumped a few places lately.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    A mixture of bad areas and ones next to bad areas.

Leave a comment:

• Crumlin
    replied
    SL6, my old Nan lives there. Mind you, knowing her side of the family's history, it's likely it's her doing the robbing. Wondered where she got that 42" plasma from.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X