• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cat survives crossbow attack"

Collapse

• realityhack
    replied
    This sort of thing makes me sick. If I saw someone torturing an animal, I'd feel compelled to pick up the nearest piece of 2x4 or similar and teach the bastard a lesson.

What we kill, for food or otherwise, is cultural - and I have no issue with cultures regarding animals we would think of as pets, as food. It's the method of killing and conditions in which the animal is kept that concern me.

I think there's a special place in hell reserved for those who torture animals (and people). It's probably just a few doors down from the 'lawyers, estate agents, double glazing salesmen and recruitment consultants' department.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    A shocking and sickening act of violence, I am disgusted.

However, up and down the land, people participate in an even more sickening practice, called animal incarceration, aka "Keeping pets".

It's a form of long-term torture.
    Its not just the incarceration, it is the mental cruelty. Convincing a dog that you are its pack, or teaching it to do unnatural things (for a dog) for you and your guests pleasure is awful.

Cats are not really pets as they can come and go as they please.

Cat owners: Why should the rest of us put up with your pets? I dont want your cat in my garden, I regard it as vermin and reserve the right treat it as such. If you dont want it to suffer the same fate as other vermin then exercise some contol over it like any other responsible owner. If you cant do that then do not keep cats.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Pah! How dare you question my expertise on turds?

I know a cat turd when I see one. I shared a house on contract when we were obliged to look after the landlord's mangy old black cat ( I think he was in a loony bin somewhere) and it regularly squeezed one out on the carpet. Usually while we were having breakfast.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    A shocking and sickening act of violence, I am disgusted.

However, up and down the land, people participate in an even more sickening practice, called animal incarceration, aka "Keeping pets".

It's a form of long-term torture.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Oi, I dont have a moustache, and I'm not furry!
    Don't shoot the messenger. The cited article called it Dave :

The veterinary surgeon who treated the pet, known as Dave,

Leave a comment:

• Amiga500
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Are you saying I'm a troll?
    No, you're troll bait.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Have you seen the squirrel and hunting threads on here? Some (hopefully small) proportion of the CUK and general population derive unashamed pleasure from injuring and killing furry little intelligent tree hugging creatures with moustaches, let alone doing so to a species more sadistic than themselves, called Dave.
    Oi, I dont have a moustache, and I'm not furry!

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Indeed.

They just walk across the lawn, find an appropriate spot, take a dump & walk off & leave it...

Lovely.

It's ok if it's firm, but the looser turds are rather unpleasant to deal with...

The modern equivalent is posting a new thread on CUK and not returning. Make up you own metaphors for the solidity of said digital dump.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Not by me they don't... my lawn gets covered with it... idle flipers.
    Today's cats are lazy. I blame the Thatcher years.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Today's (< 5yo) kids see a rabbit or a squirrel in my garden and think it's some kind of Disney CGI effect.

They go "make it come to me!" - It's heartbreaking.
    Well you should have bought them up correctly.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    All these other things are natural. Cats are not ...
    They're all robots you mean? Or are they

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Have you seen the squirrel and hunting threads on here? Some (hopefully small) proportion of the CUK and general population derive unashamed pleasure from injuring and killing furry little intelligent tree hugging creatures with moustaches, let alone doing so to a species more sadistic than themselves, called Dave.
    I try to avoid those threads.

It astonishes and dismays me how divorced from common or garden nature kids are these days.

Today's (< 5yo) kids see a rabbit or a squirrel in my garden and think it's some kind of Disney CGI effect.

They go "make it come to me!" - It's heartbreaking.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    I must say, I find the awful shallowness, nastiness, unkindness, narrow and bloody-mindedness here, utterly dismaying.

Can't we do better than this?
    Last edited by bogeyman; 24 June 2009, 00:10.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I will let Mrs BP sort it out. But I am not having another unsociable cat. If thats the only option we will get a chicken instead......
    Ok BP. Could we just turn off the 'glib' for a minute - or at least turn it down a bit.

Sorry to be a bit of a sour puss (heh!) but I don't find cruelty to animals or even humans a bundle of laughs, exactly.
    Last edited by bogeyman; 23 June 2009, 22:21.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X