• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "mass exodus from UK failed state"

Collapse

• NickNick
    replied
    Looks like there are 5 million Brits living abroad (approx 1 in 10), which is less than half the number of Overseas Filipino (1 in 8), There are 4 million OFW in the USA alone.

which kind of calls into question the whole article doesn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Shame we don't have free movement between UK, OZ, NZ, USA and Canada. If so, no doubt they would be swamped by Brits, followed by half of Eastern Europe.
    In the 1950's entrepreneurs from the UK and the rest of Europe were welcomed with open arms in places like Adelaide.

Up until 1974 Australia was still paying people to move there from the UK.

I think you might have missed the boat.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 29 May 2009, 02:34. Reason: Facts.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Has this "my broken dictionary for automated CUK spam posts contains the phrase 'failed state' 98,000 times which is why almost all my automated posts contain it" sockpuppet not been removed yet

It's very clearly a shoddy attempt at "artificial intelligence" by somebody who needs the artificial kind to make up for their own lack thereof
    Actually, Google is only aware of 31 references to "failed state" by sappatz. Given he (she?) has started about 100 threads in this style there must be two other expressions in that dictionary.

However, there is little doubt about those expressions might be:

Originally posted by sappatz View Post
    pakis are the scum of the earth. never had any good experience with a paki in UK and elsewhere, they are treacherous and dishonest.
    No wonder most of the suicide bombers are paki.
    (Is one allowed to say such things in this failed state any more?)

But yes, sappatz has been spreading doom, gloom and despondency for nearly four years now:

http://www.economist.com/agenda/disp...ory_id=4246182

Tony bliar's economic paradise ? my ass !
    this a the last scream of agony for the it contractor market
    lets face, you have been fu** by tony bliar and its NL minions
    However, it is disappointing that with four years of ranting, the CUK community has not mass-ignored sappatz or converted him (her?) to more liberal views.

its a sad thing. the IRA did sometimes a good job, like in Brighton.
    who gives a **** about palestinians in general. i dont give a damn about a dead palestinian. arabs are our enemies and they claim it themselves. why give them aid ?
    those "palestinians" can all die for me, the sooner the better
    Btw, Arafat was an egyptian and he died of AIDS !
    arabs and pakis should be kicked out of UK !
    arabs and pakis should be kicked out of UK and Europe
    the sooner the better !
    nobody would welcome djihadists thugs in his own house. the arrogancy of the british muslim council goes also overboard.
    they are no more welcome. it should be clear to everyone
    Hmm. I spot another agenda:

you dont know what you are speaking about. Sometimes the truth need to be told.
    arabs or pakis it does not matter, they are mostly here for djihad and other hostile acts : they dont belong here.
    not all muslims are hostile to the west however, kurds for example
    Arabs, on the other side... (there are even some christian arabs to defend the hezbollah...)
    Or maybe not:

muslim clerics should be shot. they are annoying everybody
    long live the UK fatherland !
    I think this may give a clue as to who the sockpuppet is owned by (and I've got a damned good idea):

you are assuming too much. Not all posters here are living in Uk, and for good reasons.
    Would a simple 'ignore' suffice? Or should it be removed?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Has this "my broken dictionary for automated CUK spam posts contains the phrase 'failed state' 98,000 times which is why almost all my automated posts contain it" sockpuppet not been removed yet

It's very clearly a shoddy attempt at "artificial intelligence" by somebody who needs the artificial kind to make up for their own lack thereof

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    I might be moving back. Houses are pretty cheap now, 'specially if you've got a pile of euros.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Sounds like a PITA to me.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    I forgot to note. I left many years ago (I nearly said when and to where ). I'm only here to get medical treatment and to sort out some legal stuff. Should be all done by fourth quarter and then
    Finally getting that prolapsed rectum sorted?

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    I forgot to note. I left many years ago (I nearly said when and to where ). I'm only here to get medical treatment and to sort out some legal stuff. Should be all done by fourth quarter and then

Leave a comment:

• thelace
    replied
    Bye then

Aren't all your posts along this line?

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    I find that hard to believe. I thought it would be someone like the Filipino's, Indians or Ozzies.

It is far too early for the T-level to show up in any stats.
    I know people who have either left or are in the process of leaving. And it is not too early for the tax rises to make people leave - it has been pretty obvious taxes would go up and who Brown would target for months.

Anyway, people with a bit of intelligence know that labour don't understand economics, and that every labour government eventually runs out of money...so a bunch of people have probably had conigency plans to escape one the payback started.

Much like the last time, in fact.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    More British live abroad than any other nationality and the levels of emigration are now the same as those seen in the late-1950s when the £10 Poms left for Australia.

An increase in tax levelled at high wage earners coupled with rising UK unemployment is thought to be partly behind the mass exodus.
    I find that hard to believe. I thought it would be someone like the Filipino's, Indians or Ozzies.

It is far too early for the T-level to show up in any stats.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Shame we don't have free movement between UK, OZ, NZ, USA and Canada. If so, no doubt they would be swamped by Brits, followed by half of Eastern Europe.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Please do not leave your houses one of our inmates is on the lose, please do not under any circumstance approach him

Leave a comment:

• sappatz
    started a topic mass exodus from UK failed state

mass exodus from UK failed state

http://www.themovechannel.com/news/841434e7-35a6/

Working...
X