• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Haircut

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Haircut"

Collapse

• Cheshire Cat
    replied
    recently I've been going to tony and guy in mayfair, and for £40 geovanni does a good cut. my wife pestered me to go (that's where she goes to have her more expensive do's) and I have to admit it's he does a good do. (though i still think it's expensive)
    before that I was going to either a barber's in ludgate circus who does a very adequete trim for £11, or my local barbers in the burbs who for the same money have twice made me look like a monkey has cut my hair with a pencil sharpener.
    Bit of a lottery I guess.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    my dentist tends to work on me from the top so in essence my head is nestled between her cleavage

very nice

in addition my hairdresser also has a rather arousing habit various parts of her body against me whilst giving me a trim oh and costs £7.50

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    My (Polish, female) dentist also "rests herself" in that way, while working on my teeth.
    Notes: needs to go to your dentist

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    £8 every couple of months, nothing fancy. Local Barbers with a nice young girlie who's ample bosom always seems to end up resting on my soulder while she does it
    My (Polish, female) dentist also "rests herself" in that way, while working on my teeth.

Leave a comment:

• denver2k
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    £8 every couple of months, nothing fancy. Local Barbers with a nice young girlie who's ample bosom always seems to end up resting on my soulder while she does it
    how you manage to do this? you'v either got very broad shoulders or maybe she has really massive .....or maybe she does it for a reason

I had that chance briefly ..but jus once

Leave a comment:

• tino
    replied
    £27 every 6 weeks or so. I can't get there at the moment because I'm working away from home, therefore I'll be going back to my old faithful clippers as I'm starting to look like John Lennon post hibernation.

I generally sport a "Paul Weller"

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    I have to find a new hairdresser.

He's a lovely bloke but I'm getting tired of looking like a Panto Principle Boy (despite requests for 'just a trim this time...")

I need to find one before the end of the month. Not something I look forward to...

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied

Leave a comment:

• denver2k
    replied
    Its an interesting topic. Infact iv been going through the same pain as chef.

Im away from home and tried different places here but not satisfied.

In my case,my spending on haircut increased as i grew up. When i was in uni, my mate did my hair cut quite a few time (saving money) then i also used to go to a cheap local one who does it for a fiver .....

But since i left uni and working, i go for minimum £10 and maximum £20-30 ish. My usual one charges £15ish(plus hairwash by a nice girl) but need to book an appoinment and its bloody so busy on saturdays, sometimes i have to book 2 weeks in advance.

In my previous workplace, there was a chap who used to go to Bricklane after work (from City 15 min walk) to get his haircut done in £5. It was funny, coz he said guy at this shop dont speak English perfectly and he usually keep quite during haircut and thats why i go there and its cheap

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    In younger 'shared house' days, local barber used to start cutting it as you sat down, no need or desire to discuss what you actually wanted ! The nickname 'three-minute fred' was well deserved and there would be a considerable number of people in the pub next door, sharing your 'do' !

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    I'll pay anything to style my one remaining hair attractively.

Kidding!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Mrs BGG and I tend to go in together. We both spend about 3-4 hrs each, having bleaching and colour work, then cutting.

Admittedly, mine doesn't need a lot of cutting, as I've been growing it long for the last 4 years now, just a tidy up at the back and cutting a 1/2 inch off for split ends.

Typically it's around £200 for the pair of us, plus an extra £20 tip.
    Does Mrs BGG know you are gay?

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I just have a no 1/2 clipper cut. Costs about £12.50 in Central London but I pop out lunchtime and it takes 10 mins. The convenience is more important than the money.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    <sigh> I know.. I failed

mental note:

- ensure poll premise is correct
    - ensure price figures follow on
    - add witty AndyW vote
    - allow for all voters (i.e men/women/daleks/giant green lizards)
    - ensure poll question is not ambiguous

i'll try harder next time
    + cut your own hair/clippers option

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    I have a short clipper over the top, and a really short clipper around the back and sides. It needs to be done every three weeks.

This would usually set me back about £21 at the place at Canary Wharf that I used to go to. But my hair would be washed by a nice young girlie afterwards which made it worthwhile

It was pot luck though, sometimes my hair would be washed by a nice young boy afterwards which was not really the same.

For the same haircut here I am charged 22 NZD (about £9) at a run of the mill shopping-mall barber, but for that I don't get the hairwash afterwards.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 8 May 2009, 04:43.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X