• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I said I wouldn't, but..."

Collapse

• Money Money Money
    replied
    During a BlowJob?

HTH

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    it was too tempting. I've just sent my cv off for a juicy contract in Switzerland

How do I explain this to MrC?

Hmmm... tricky...
    Easy. Reject the offer and tell him that you couldn't bear to be parted.

Now - stop jumping into MY contract pool. Blasted Ausländerinen.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Really?
    Yep

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    I like your thinking!!
    Really?

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Tell him you've applied for a gig in London.

When you secure the job, tell him they're sending you to Switzerland for the first 2 weeks, for training.

Then tell him "Grrrrrrr!!!!! You're not going to bloody believe this!!!!! They've gone and said I have to be based in Switzerland!!!! I dont believe it!!!" etc etc.
    Tell him you're furious with them and will look for something else closer to home mmediately...but dont find anything.

Doddle
    I like your thinking!!

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    it was too tempting. I've just sent my cv off for a juicy contract in Switzerland

Hmmm... tricky...
    Code:
    United Kingdom Pounds	 	Switzerland Francs
    1 GBP = 1.77878 CHF	 	1 CHF = 0.562184 GBP
    HTH

source: http://www.xe.com/

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

When you secure the job, tell him they're sending you to Switzerland for the first 2 weeks, for training.

Then tell him "Grrrrrrr!!!!! You're not going to bloody believe this!!!!! They've gone and said I have to be based in Switzerland!!!! I dont believe it!!!" etc etc.
    Tell him you're furious with them and will look for something else closer to home mmediately...but dont find anything.

Doddle
    I like your style

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    If you're a fairly quiet type that just sits in front of the telly and vegitates you could consider having a latex doll made that looks like you. You could arrange for the neighbours to move it around during the day to make it look more realistic.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied

Doddle

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Hmmm... that could be a goer...

(Probably a bit too quick to assume I've got the contract/s but I like a positive attitude to life... )

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Phone him

'Hello dear, remember that waiter that I was ogling last year, well I got an email from him. We just spent the day having the most fantastic sex. I found out too late that he had filmed the whole thing and the video is going on sale from tomorrow. Hope you dont mind seeing me doing the H , but I had to sort of go along with the mood.
    The doctor said the rash should be gone soon.
    The Police reckon I wont go to jail, probably. And the house should be safe, probably'

'Actually I made all that up, but my new contract in Switzerland doesn't sound all that bad now, does it ?'

Leave a comment:

• Tensai
    replied

Hmmm... tricky...
    Following the principle of Sod's Law, as you cannot realistically accept the role you have a very high probability of actually being offered it. Inversely, anything within an easy commute is almost definitely a non-starter.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    A sudden rush of suitable jobs have suddenly appeared...

London - Yes.
    Switzerland - YES!
    Norwich - oh, go on then, if I must...

Paid in Euros, let me think...

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    A sudden rush of suitable jobs have suddenly appeared...

London - Yes.
    Switzerland - YES!
    Norwich - oh, go on then, if I must...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X