• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I said I wouldn't, but...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    it was too tempting. I've just sent my cv off for a juicy contract in Switzerland

How do I explain this to MrC?

Hmmm... tricky...
    Following the principle of Sod's Law, as you cannot realistically accept the role you have a very high probability of actually being offered it. Inversely, anything within an easy commute is almost definitely a non-starter.

HTH

Comment

Phone him

'Hello dear, remember that waiter that I was ogling last year, well I got an email from him. We just spent the day having the most fantastic sex. I found out too late that he had filmed the whole thing and the video is going on sale from tomorrow. Hope you dont mind seeing me doing the H , but I had to sort of go along with the mood.
      The doctor said the rash should be gone soon.
      The Police reckon I wont go to jail, probably. And the house should be safe, probably'

'Actually I made all that up, but my new contract in Switzerland doesn't sound all that bad now, does it ?'

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Hmmm... that could be a goer...

(Probably a bit too quick to assume I've got the contract/s but I like a positive attitude to life... )
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Tell him you've applied for a gig in London.

When you secure the job, tell him they're sending you to Switzerland for the first 2 weeks, for training.

Then tell him "Grrrrrrr!!!!! You're not going to bloody believe this!!!!! They've gone and said I have to be based in Switzerland!!!! I dont believe it!!!" etc etc.
          Tell him you're furious with them and will look for something else closer to home mmediately...but dont find anything.

Doddle
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

If you're a fairly quiet type that just sits in front of the telly and vegitates you could consider having a latex doll made that looks like you. You could arrange for the neighbours to move it around during the day to make it look more realistic.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

When you secure the job, tell him they're sending you to Switzerland for the first 2 weeks, for training.

Then tell him "Grrrrrrr!!!!! You're not going to bloody believe this!!!!! They've gone and said I have to be based in Switzerland!!!! I dont believe it!!!" etc etc.
              Tell him you're furious with them and will look for something else closer to home mmediately...but dont find anything.

Doddle
              I like your style
              Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                it was too tempting. I've just sent my cv off for a juicy contract in Switzerland

How do I explain this to MrC?

Hmmm... tricky...
                Code:
                United Kingdom Pounds	 	Switzerland Francs
                1 GBP = 1.77878 CHF	 	1 CHF = 0.562184 GBP
                HTH

source: http://www.xe.com/
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

Doddle
                  I like your thinking!!
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    I like your thinking!!
                    Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      Really?
                      Yep

Bazza gets caught
                      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X