• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Man Jailed in Anti Gay Row"

Collapse

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    He obviously doesn't think so.
    As with most religious loons, he is happy to protest at others sins before attending to his own adherence to his religious tennets.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    ignorance isn't an excuse in the eyes of the law

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    he was acting in an unchristian manner anyway ...

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    In Christianity, AIUI, if there is a conflict between conscience and the law of the land, then you go along with conscience and accept the consequences of breaking the law.
    he was acting in an unchristian manner anyway so there shouldn't have been a conflict between law and conscience

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    In Christianity, AIUI, if there is a conflict between conscience and the law of the land, then you go along with conscience and accept the consequences of breaking the law.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Sorry CM. Got a bit carried away there!
    It's ok.....

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    For the love of God!!!
    Sorry CM. Got a bit carried away there!

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Fnarr fnarr!! Too much information!

Indeed!!
    For the love of God!!!

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I've come across people in Leigh who've never even been to Manchester (few miles down the road!)
    Fnarr fnarr!! Too much information!

Disturbing!!
    Indeed!!

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by daviejones View Post
    But we already do that by saying that a Muslim woman need not sell alcohol because of her faith...what if the customer had taken offence?

Sounds like we are too fooked up....
    Not something I think many people agree with if the reaction to the story is anything to go by (Inc plenty of Muslims). Sainsbury's being a little too PC imo.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
    The "Carbon Footprints can **** right off!" forum is far more amusing.

But I'm still thinking someone should ask for Elizabeth's contact details here. Come on Zeity - you know you want to!

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Splitters!!!!
    I set em up, you knock em down...good work !

Still, better to be a splinter splitter group, than a sphincter spitter group.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    No - in the eyes of some religions, it is wrong.

Despite having a state religion, the law takes precedence, therefore he was wrong. Maybe an OTT reaction, but without knowing exactly what was said (either this time or on other occasions), then it's difficult to judge (or it should be).

Not knowing Leigh particularly well (apart from knowing that they are lobby-gobblers, and that's where some ugly schoolgirl who ran off with a US marine some years ago was from), it sounds like this might have been a deliberate campaign against one person. Why else stage a protest outside where he works, and put offensive notices on the board where he works?

Of course, Leigh may be tiny and have nowhere else to go...
    I've come across people in Leigh who've never even been to Manchester (few miles down the road!) Disturbing!!

Sounds to me like he's got issues with this guy and everyone should be allowed to work in an environment that is safe. The ol' fella went too far.

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    AFAIK christianity teaches forgiveness, love for your fellowman and acceptance. It does NOT preach ignoring or refusing to be served by sinners

Islam preaches peace and compassion...not murder and slaughter...

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    It's a bit like saying I can go round doing XYZ because my religion tells me so, even though the Law says it's illegal. If we all did that, we'd be in a complete mess.
    But we already do that by saying that a Muslim woman need not sell alcohol because of her faith...what if the customer had taken offence?

Sounds like we are too fooked up....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X