• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "It's My Funeral, so..."

Collapse

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by Zorba View Post
    Surely a true contractor would die at night and have made arrangements to be stuffed and placed back at the client's desk before start of play the following morning in order to continue charging?
    Or have arranged in advance to be "working from home" and keep invoicing until the client notices.

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    Surely a true contractor would die at night and have made arrangements to be stuffed and placed back at the client's desk before start of play the following morning in order to continue charging?

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    So you want us all to eat you?

...surely that would be more fun while you're alive?
    Hmmm - I'm not sure I'd risk that - if I smeared myself in chocolate and took you up on your invitation, I may not survive the resultant feeding frenzy.

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied

You are Sid James and I claim my free dirty laugh.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    I'll have my ashes baked into a Death By Chocolate cake and served to guests at the wake.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Did it hit the spot?
    Relaxing yet invigorating

I feel just about ready to face the motorway now...

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    I'll have my ashes baked into a Death By Chocolate cake and served to guests at the wake.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Splendid!
    Did it hit the spot?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Ah ok then

Splendid!

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Damn, I was hoping for a spanking
    Ah ok then

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I'd have said, until the council changed the collection schedules and rules, just leave me out in bin bag.

Otherwise medical science. Or landfill, or whatever. Couldn't care less really.
    Please note: Collections are probably every 2 weeks. If disposing of dead bodies, remember to add a bit of that refuse bin powder you can get at Wilkinsons to mask the smell. Be considerate: only put out one dead body a week. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    i'd have it contractor style:

-first cryogenically frozen
    -then blasted off into space with my own rocket including some personal stuff (ancient egyptian style)
    -with Queen "The Show Must Go On" being played
    -ending with a champagne fuelled party

hoping that in 500 years i wake up on some distant planet to then return to earth with our new cousins in space as a hero and with a cure to death.

I'd then sell this cure making the ultimate plan B

either that or the "I'm not going to die" option, but for that i need to father a scientific genius to invent a cure or alternative to death.. i figure it'll give them something to aim for in life.

<chef in uber-optimistic mood>

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Oh its like that is it?

Damn, I was hoping for a spanking

P.S. it's
    Last edited by NickFitz; 15 October 2007, 12:51. Reason: Correcting SA's punctuation; in for a penny...

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    ...forming a land bridge to Norway.
    Oh its like that is it?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I'd have said, until the council changed the collection schedules and rules, just leave me out in bin bag.

Otherwise medical science. Or landfill, or whatever. Couldn't care less really.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X