• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tories put more money in your pocket"

Collapse

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied

Spanners anyone? .

Leave a comment:

• woody1
    replied
    Can't stand going to supermarkets, and haven't done for years. Only get home delivery now, so Lidl/Aldi isn't an option. Even the nearest supermarket is half an hour's drive away; Aldi is a good 45 minutes so couldn't be bothered with that.

The delivery charge is less than we'd spend on petrol but the biggest saving with home delivery is we only buy exactly what we need. No browsing or impulse purchases.

Leave a comment:

• JustKeepSwimming
    replied
    I no longer shop at Tesco/sainsburys/asda now. The amount of price changes they do is absurd. Things go up and down 10% on a weekly basis, then add the scam that is 'member' pricing crap.

Lidl/Aldi all the way. Sure their prices are going up but frankly I don't constantly feel like they are trying to screw me over at every opportunity. Whether true or not, it just feels more honest like they are pricing their costs + a reasonable profit margin, take it or leave it.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

You missed the "Great offers" under it. This means the price will go up to £1.20 again or the product will shrink in size when you aren't looking.
    possibly though my understanding is that they have had meetings with no biscuits with the government.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    You missed the "Great offers" under it. This means the price will go up to £1.20 again or the product will shrink in size when you aren't looking.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I've not noticed any items I've bought got cheaper and stayed the same size/weight.
    https://groceries.asda.com/product/c...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

No it is £1.10 that is what is on the receipt. it was in the same currency.

Inflation may mean other items are more expensive.
    I've not noticed any items I've bought got cheaper and stayed the same size/weight.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Well, it's cheaper relative to a fairytale future baseline, let's call it the Truss moron premium, which is more than enough camouflage for the thickos to whom she speaks but, unfortunately for her, the thickos have stopped listening.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post

No, If everything went up 20% £1 -> £1.20. then inflation drops to 10% it then becomes £1.20 + 10% = £1.32.
    No it is £1.10 that is what is on the receipt. it was in the same currency.

Inflation may mean other items are more expensive.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Prices are starting to drop the profit taking was noticed.

Everything went up 20% £1 -> £1.20. Now its £1.10.
    No, If everything went up 20% £1 -> £1.20. then inflation drops to 10% it then becomes £1.20 + 10% = £1.32.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Tories put more money in your pocket, 'Bringing inflation down is the biggest tax cut we can give any family' says pensions minister, Laura Trott, on Sky News. What she is saying is that lower inflation means a drop in prices. WTF, is she that stupid or just a plain liar?
    3rd option. She thinks the voting public are stupid.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Tories put more money in your pocket, 'Bringing inflation down is the biggest tax cut we can give any family' says pensions minister, Laura Trott, on Sky News. What she is saying is that lower inflation means a drop in prices. WTF, is she that stupid or just a plain liar?
    Prices are starting to drop the profit taking was noticed.

Everything went up 20% £1 -> £1.20. Now its £1.10.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    started a topic Tories put more money in your pocket

Tories put more money in your pocket

Working...
X