• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Trans WTF?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Trans WTF?"

Collapse

• wattaj
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    We've already got a thread about trans women in female changing rooms. We don't need two, so I've deleted the posts in this one. I'd have merged them, but the forum software is broken.
    Originally posted by wattaj View Post
    I'm not adverse to merging threads, but doing so in this instance loses the additional, clarifying context as to why ICF have made their ruling.
    Thank you for returning the original posts. I feel that that context is important. Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    CUK needs an auto blither button.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Yeh, but you deleted my blithering which was about chess.
    I've restored the on topic posts and moved the other ones to the censorship thread. It turns out moving posts works!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Chess is actually very pro women, the queen is the most powerful piece, while all the king does is potter one step. And why are bishops fighting on battle fields?
    it was always thus. Jesus's teachings fell on stony ground regards warrior priests.

https://catholicherald.co.uk/the-popes-who-waged-war/

https://warfarehistorynetwork.com/ar...f-christendom/

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

cheer up mine got the chop as well so you are in bad company.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Chess is actually very pro women, the queen is the most powerful piece, while all the king does is potter one step. And why are bishops fighting on battle fields?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    We've already got a thread about trans women in female changing rooms. We don't need two, so I've deleted the posts in this one. I'd have merged them, but the forum software is broken.

Meanwhile back on topic: https://phys.org/news/2009-01-men-hi...iological.html

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

so there is no biological difference but fewer women play chess, the top females are more than a match for the males?

Therefore no advantage for a trans woman and no reason to exclude them from playing? As I said WTF?

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    replied

I'm not adverse to merging threads, but doing so in this instance loses the additional, clarifying context as to why ICF have made their ruling.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Going back to chess, why do chess boards have kings and queens? Transphobic, should be them pieces with equal moves.
    Can you imagine The LGBT[A-Z,0-9] pieces?

Bisexual - flops whichever they want.
    Gay Queen- Goes anywhere in a bendy line.
    Pansexual - can go anywhere on the board
    ???

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

The larger brains haven't been found to be filled with anything useful.
    Your "lighter more agile brain" doesn't seem to be helping you much!

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Going back to chess, why do chess boards have kings and queens? Transphobic, should be them pieces with equal moves.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Yet. However I believe a man has taken over the role of chief scientist in the latest investigation.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

Testosterone regulates many functions in the body, including brain functions such as memory.

Men also have 10% larger brains than women, that maybe another advantage when it comes to playing chess at top level.

So men may well have a biological advantage when it comes to chess. The stats are only 37 women grandmasters out of a total of 1600 in the world.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X