• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trans WTF?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

Testosterone regulates many functions in the body, including brain functions such as memory.

Men also have 10% larger brains than women, that maybe another advantage when it comes to playing chess at top level.

So men may well have a biological advantage when it comes to chess. The stats are only 37 women grandmasters out of a total of 1600 in the world.
    now that is a reasonable counter but it sort of ruins the equality, equal pay etc. arguments doesn't it?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

Testosterone regulates many functions in the body, including brain functions such as memory.

Men also have 10% larger brains than women, that maybe another advantage when it comes to playing chess at top level.

So men may well have a biological advantage when it comes to chess. The stats are only 37 women grandmasters out of a total of 1600 in the world.
      The larger brains haven't been found to be filled with anything useful.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Yet. However I believe a man has taken over the role of chief scientist in the latest investigation.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Going back to chess, why do chess boards have kings and queens? Transphobic, should be them pieces with equal moves.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Your "lighter more agile brain" doesn't seem to be helping you much!

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Going back to chess, why do chess boards have kings and queens? Transphobic, should be them pieces with equal moves.
              Can you imagine The LGBT[A-Z,0-9] pieces?

Bisexual - flops whichever they want.
              Gay Queen- Goes anywhere in a bendy line.
              Pansexual - can go anywhere on the board
              ???

Comment

We've already got a thread about trans women in female changing rooms. We don't need two, so I've deleted the posts in this one. I'd have merged them, but the forum software is broken.

Meanwhile back on topic: https://phys.org/news/2009-01-men-hi...iological.html

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  We've already got a thread about trans women in female changing rooms. We don't need two, so I've deleted the posts in this one. I'd have merged them, but the forum software is broken.

I'm not adverse to merging threads, but doing so in this instance loses the additional, clarifying context as to why ICF have made their ruling.
                  ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                  Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

so there is no biological difference but fewer women play chess, the top females are more than a match for the males?

Therefore no advantage for a trans woman and no reason to exclude them from playing? As I said WTF?

Comment

Yeh, but you deleted my blithering which was about chess.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X