• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Zero value post, just ranting, don't blame me for wasting your time if you read it"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by David71 View Post
    LI Post just now from a, soon to be muted, 2nd connection:
    "Wishing all my LinkedIn connections a fantastic weekend filled with joy, relaxation, and cherished moments! Take this time to recharge and embrace the beauty of life. Here's to making unforgettable memories and coming back next week refreshed and ready to conquer new challenges. Enjoy!"

£10 from anyone and I'll reply:
    "It's FRIDAY!!!! Only two days until MONDAY and another 5 days of mind numbing grind trying to keep the bailiffs away while the wife moans about how everyone else has a better husband than she does"

Go on...have a whip round
    Oh dear, just remind her how much better in bed her sister is and that will fix it!

Leave a comment:

• David71
    replied
    LI Post just now from a, soon to be muted, 2nd connection:
    "Wishing all my LinkedIn connections a fantastic weekend filled with joy, relaxation, and cherished moments! Take this time to recharge and embrace the beauty of life. Here's to making unforgettable memories and coming back next week refreshed and ready to conquer new challenges. Enjoy!"

£10 from anyone and I'll reply:
    "It's FRIDAY!!!! Only two days until MONDAY and another 5 days of mind numbing grind trying to keep the bailiffs away while the wife moans about how everyone else has a better husband than she does"

Go on...have a whip round

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

Spelling would help!! Anyway why are there no comments on peoples' leaving post of "you're leaving because you were found out and you were tulip"?
    Oh yeah that reminds me. LI grammar police as well.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Just checking LI as I do numerous times a day at the other moment I never get is the posed selfie in a mirror holding a phone type pictures. How hard is it to get someone to get a nice preofessional head and shoulders shot?
    Spelling would help!! Anyway why are there no comments on peoples' leaving post of "you're leaving because you were found out and you were tulip"?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Just checking LI as I do numerous times a day at the other moment I never get is the posed selfie in a mirror holding a phone type pictures. How hard is it to get someone to get a nice preofessional head and shoulders shot?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by saptastic View Post

-and where are the job titles rather than "I help businesses save thousands of pounds with easy desicsion making "
    Because "twat", whilst accurate, is probably not going to get you work.

The ones that I still can't quite get my head round are the people who sell services helping people be successful (get views and likes) on linkedin....

I log on once in a blue moon these days, and usually log off again pretty quickly. (Much like CUK... )

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    The rise of the sanctimonious postings on LinkedIn are really getting on my .

Don't care if:
    • you've just been on holiday from your 'amazing job' and are 'So happy to be back'. And the photo of your smug, young good looking self with your incredibly beautiful other half both drinking something 'tasty' while in your bathers makes me want to find you and
    • you're 'so grateful' to work in a company that 'values you so much' you can work 100000% flexibly; look after your kids; start and finish when you want.
    • you share 'inspirational' posts from ANY sort of 'Life coach' - it's all tulip!
    • you're in recruitment and post anything that's not a open role; and (if it's contract) if you don't include day rate and IR35 status

Only care about:
    • open contract roles that are accurately described including rate, IR35 status, location etc.
    • dog photos

I know....I put up a few 'how 'the f brave I am' working through cancer posts - tough!

Thank you for highlighting the absolute cr*p on LI from insecure people.

Fair game to share work achievements or charity work but I do not

-want to see a video of someone (who has no success) walking down the street talking about implementing management strategies
    -I need Taylor Swift tickets for my child
    -Wow I am on holiday - lets enjoy the view *picture from Google*- after a busy 12 months its great for my mental health to switch off
    -This is my son/daughter during the high school play - the lessons in business we can learn from this
    -why is everyone an entrepreneur?
    -and where are the job titles rather than "I help businesses save thousands of pounds with easy desicsion making "

Painful.

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Does always amuse me when I get a post, message or whatever and you look at the 'People also viewed' column and you get a random mix of people... Unless, its a young glamerous female recruiter. The 'People also viewed' is just a long list of other very glamerous young ladies. Bloody pervs.
    I'm glad that someone else has noticed that as well.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied

I hang my head in shame....this is Ivy and myself dealing with an extra pointless teams call (call is on another laptop).

Andys Airgun Review on YouTube definitely more interesting than 99.9% of LinkedIn posts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230310_132708.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	4269374
    And that was Zeus, he maintains my sanity when I'm WFH.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Does always amuse me when I get a post, message or whatever and you look at the 'People also viewed' column and you get a random mix of people... Unless, its a young glamerous female recruiter. The 'People also viewed' is just a long list of other very glamerous young ladies. Bloody pervs.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    T
    I know....I put up a few 'how 'the f brave I am' working through cancer posts - tough!
    From personal experience I think carrying on with work or other activities is a coping strategy, it certainly was for me and still is in some ways. I have my 6 monthly test next month and the anxiety is starting to creep back. I know you're in a much worse position as are many others and so I get survivors guilt. The big C fooks you up even when the outcome is good (well for now!).

Leave a comment:

• David71
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

FTFY!
    Click image for larger version Name:	Zeus.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.49 MB ID:	4269360
    I hang my head in shame....this is Ivy and myself dealing with an extra pointless teams call (call is on another laptop).

Andys Airgun Review on YouTube definitely more interesting than 99.9% of LinkedIn posts.

Name:	20230310_132708.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	4269374

Leave a comment:

• GregRickshaw
    replied
    And who can forget or miss the 'mental health awareness' posts, just reach out to me....and I'll treat you like a weirdo....

Leave a comment:

• tazdevil
    replied
    I don't read them and I don't read the numerous business opportunities offered by good looking 30 something year old female entrepreneurs living in Manhattan who want to connect because they're so interested in my profile

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Sox Machine View Post

Name:	LinkedIn_Profile-of-dogs-1.png
Views:	251
Size:	276.6 KB
ID:	4269351
    Hmmmm - A dog will always aim to please and display loyalty to its owner, whereas a cat will always seek to be served and obeyed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X