• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: The 1 in 10

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The 1 in 10"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    More seriously, the Lords needs to go or be replaced by an elected house.
    It's working really well in the USA.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

I would hazard a guess that because the only of those groups striking are the CWU and in the grand scheme of things no one really misses their post
    ASLEF, Unite and GMB have members striking.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    This might simply be a bit of a truism (perhaps not the correct term) that the sort of people who are likely to be considered are a)Tory and b)successful, and those are exactly the sort of people who would give substantially to the party in any case?

I'm sure it's naive to suggest financial gifts aren't a factor, but perhaps not as obviously as this makes it seem.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

So why doesn't the government mention them then when they are talking about strikes?

​​​​
    I would hazard a guess that because the only of those groups striking are the CWU and in the grand scheme of things no one really misses their post

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Which is why you only see Unison, TSSA, USDAW, CWU, UNITE, GMB, ASLEF and FBU as 13 of the 42 people on the Labour NEC
    So why doesn't the government mention them then when they are talking about strikes?

​​​​

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied

Not all unions are affiliated to, so pay, political parties. The BMA, Royal College of Nursing and NUJ aren't for starters.

While this Tory government tries to make out the RMT are affiliated to Labour they aren't affiliated to any parties either.
    Which is why you only see Unison, TSSA, USDAW, CWU, UNITE, GMB, ASLEF and FBU as 13 of the 42 people on the Labour NEC

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    But how many millions would get extra state benefits by voting for Labour?

More seriously, the Lords needs to go or be replaced by an elected house.
    There was a time when the only thing you got from a donation to Labour was a British passport. Cheapskates...

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post

That wasn't altogether obvious, but apologies anyway.
    No probs, old chap, no offence taken.

Though I do identify as a haddock.

He doesn't know how to deal with Cymrophobia.
    Well he ain't alone there then. . Being a Cymro myself, like. Cymru Am Byth, like.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Who're you calling a cod, mofo?

And it wasn't you I was taking the piss out of, by the by.
    That wasn't altogether obvious, but apologies anyway.

On the other point, and according to both my education and Collins dictionary, "You use cod to describe something which is not genuine and which is intended to deceive or amuse people by looking or sounding like the real thing.

[e.g]...a cod documentary on what animals think of living in a zoo". .

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

He doesn't know how to deal with Cymrophobia.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied

I hate cod Valley Welsh. At least get the accent right. "You say the bins were emptied from the haggard and left in the grip by there. Why no".

I'll let you work out which one...

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 December 2022, 15:55.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Well looking on the bright side, boyo, there's tidy then, at least the bins were emptied this morning which was a plus, look you.

as they're know to say around here.
    I hate cod Valley Welsh. At least get the accent right. "You say the bins were emptied from the haggard and left in the grip by there. Why no".

I'll let you work out which one...

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Well looking on the bright side, boyo, there's tidy then, at least the bins were emptied this morning which was a plus, look you.

Twll din pob sais
    as they're know to say around here.

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied

nah nah ni nah nah.

Grow up. You're getting embarrassing.
    better that than a tedious chuntering tory

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

well, unlike you, who fills pages with them.
    nah nah ni nah nah.

Grow up. You're getting embarrassing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X