• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: U Turn

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "U Turn"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

I just had a vision of Threaded with a foot in each lambo.
    and something in the cultural attache.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Well, he does span several countries.
    I just had a vision of Threaded with a foot in each lambo.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

They sang 3am Eternal

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

Who is IMF - our formerly resident fatso?
    They sang 3am Eternal

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Well, he does span several countries.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    15% spending cuts in the pipeline apart from Health and Defence according to the IMF.

I only know JRM

Leave a comment:

• Lost It
    replied
    Can't cut what has been cut to the bone already, rememer the years of cost cutting they did before Covid calling it "Austerity".

I have no idea where these cuts will come from after the rape of the public finances that has been carried out since the Tories got in.

Get ready for any new roads to be cancelled. Again. And the pointless Railway. It has to come from somewhere and taking it from construction that funds just about everything else this country earns will the the fatal move. Here comes recession the like of which we have never seen before.

15% interest rates all over again. I lost my house to that last time.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Lost It View Post
    Well they have put the person that destroyed the Health Service as we know it in charge of the governments finances.

Pretty much threw the baby out with the water.
    15% spending cuts in the pipeline apart from Health and Defence according to the IMF.

Leave a comment:

• Lost It
    replied
    Well they have put the person that destroyed the Health Service as we know it in charge of the governments finances.

Pretty much threw the baby out with the water.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

He's pretty fragile (Mal not JRM), no need to upset him.
    I'm listening to Sir John Redwood whose views seem very familiar.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I would have made a ruder comparison.
    He's pretty fragile (Mal not JRM), no need to upset him.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Well that part is obvious. He makes JRM look a bit disloyal.
    I would have made a ruder comparison.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    You're wasting your time. Amongst other things , Mal is a dyed-in-the-wool Tory.
    Well that part is obvious. He makes JRM look a bit disloyal.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    You're wasting your time. Amongst other things , Mal is a dyed-in-the-wool Tory.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    I stopped reading when you started throwing insults about my competency around.
    Although you seem to agree with my actual point.
    I didn't make any insults or comments of any sort about your competency. Here's enough people here who are keen to insult you without inventing more . And no, I disagree with your point strongly. Now I AM starting to question your competency since your work presumably involves reading things....

Anyway enough on that... are you still claiming the government is acting effectively? Presumably we were just "stress testing" the Chancellor; let him do a budget and if he fecks up the entire country, sack him for the next one. No problem, they saw a problem and they addressed it right?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X