• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Tory Scum Rebels

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tory Scum Rebels"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by JPC View Post

Indeed exactly what we have at the moment. 'The opposition party' has lost the plot also following a simple instruction of opposing anything and everything. Its a complete mind fck of idiocy.
    Sorry, how is that different from the last several decades (at least).

And actually, Keir has publicly backed several policies in the last few years. Notably those linked to Covid support and Ukraine which is what you would hope to see, but also the 1p income tax cut and dropping the NI rise are things he has supported.

Leave a comment:

• JPC
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

Yes, rather than having a parliament, representing by proportion, what the population voted for, you are much better with 2 parties braying like donkeys at each other across a a parliament floor and all chasing the same 'centre' ground where nothing ever changes.
    Indeed exactly what we have at the moment. 'The opposition party' has lost the plot also following a simple instruction of opposing anything and everything. Its a complete mind fck of idiocy.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

I actually thought the Tory/Libs coalition was successful. The Libs kept the Tories in check and we didn't get any mad right wing ideology. Such a shame LibDem voters can't see that compromises had to be made. But maybe I'm in the minority.
    Some areas almost consistently return Lib Dem MPs so you in the minority with those areas.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

How old are you again, that you have to resort to name calling and can't enter into an adult debate?
    how young are you that you don't understand democracy?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

yes of course, we should have made them vote again and again like they did in Ireland. Until we get 97% for the right vote
    How old are you again, that you have to resort to name calling and can't enter into an adult debate?

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied

I actually thought the Tory/Libs coalition was successful. The Libs kept the Tories in check and we didn't get any mad right wing ideology. Such a shame LibDem voters can't see that compromises had to be made. But maybe I'm in the minority.
    I think you are. Evey one of Clegg's manifesto promises were abandoned. He also wrecked the Tory plans to rearrange the constituency boundaries to make elections more representative. And Cameron's government didn't have any major right wing ideologies, they were focussed on repairing the damage Brown left behind.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Warty why don't I understand democracy? View Post

Of those who voted, and believed the hype and the lies, but hey, don't let facts get in the way of your bias .... still wasn't a majority of the voters, just like we get always get a government that the majority didn't vote for.

The sooner we can get away from a 2 party system, the sooner the country and it's voters can start to trust that their vote really does count.
    <EUandPutin> yes of course, we should have made them vote again and again like they did in Ireland. Until we get 97% for the right vote</EUandPutin>

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Yes, ~52% to ~48% but it doesn't seem that democracy applies to you anyway.
    Of those who voted, and believed the hype and the lies, but hey, don't let facts get in the way of your bias .... still wasn't a majority of the voters, just like we get always get a government that the majority didn't vote for.

The sooner we can get away from a 2 party system, the sooner the country and it's voters can start to trust that their vote really does count.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied

Yes, ~52% to ~48% but it doesn't seem that democracy applies to you anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post

OK, but first you might want to study the way PR elections and coalitions work in the real world. They both mean you are probably led by the least electable of the main parties in the election. And our last experiment with a coalition wans't too successful, was it...?

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied

OK, but first you might want to study the way PR elections and coalitions work in the real world. They both mean you are probably led by the least electable of the main parties in the election. And our last experiment with a coalition wans't too successful, was it...?
    Yes, rather than having a parliament, representing by proportion, what the population voted for, you are much better with 2 parties braying like donkeys at each other across a a parliament floor and all chasing the same 'centre' ground where nothing ever changes.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied

Seems like a good tactic to me ... anyone but Tory.

I've never voted Labour in my life, but if I lived in a marginal seat between Tory and Labour there is no way the Tories would ever get my vote ... and I'm an ex Tory voter up until 2010, but never again.

I'm all for 'pacts' or a coalition ... keeps the larger party in line a bit and we get less extreme policies.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied

Starmer also said he wouldn't consider a pact with the Lib Dems come election time; Labour just won't be contesting seats that are strongly Lib Dem or where the LDs have a good chance of replacing a Tory.

Add it to the growing list of obfuscation coming from his office.
    Seems like a good tactic to me ... anyone but Tory.

I've never voted Labour in my life, but if I lived in a marginal seat between Tory and Labour there is no way the Tories would ever get my vote ... and I'm an ex Tory voter up until 2010, but never again.

I'm all for 'pacts' or a coalition ... keeps the larger party in line a bit and we get less extreme policies.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Starmer also said
    Well it must be true then. Until it gives hima sniff of power.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

Until Scotland becomes independent which will be the Labour cost for SNP support. The Tories got in by themselves in 2015 because of suspicions of a Lab/SNP pact.

In fact the thought of Krankie lording it over English politics would be divisive and I'm sure I read recently that Starmer won't have PR in the manifesto because he knows this.
    Starmer also said he wouldn't consider a pact with the Lib Dems come election time; Labour just won't be contesting seats that are strongly Lib Dem or where the LDs have a good chance of replacing a Tory.

Add it to the growing list of obfuscation coming from his office.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X