• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "OFFICIAL: UK to WIN Eurovision 2023"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I've no idea, how many are there?
    And Mrs Johnson's favourite interior designer-

https://www.houseandgarden.co.uk/gal...r%20the%20home.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    There's this one

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Anyway Lulu has a great idea: host it in Glasgow. Then it's technically in the UK but England can be spared.
    This Lulu?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Anyway Lulu has a great idea: host it in Glasgow. Then it's technically in the UK but England can be spared.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    It's not exactly a secret.
    Do I detect a

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Oh yes, for sure. They always look so happy!

I feel pretty, oh so pretty

I feel pretty and witty and gay

And I pity

Any girl who isn't me today

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post

It's a gay thing? I didn't get that memo either...
    It's not exactly a secret.
    Originally posted by Wiki
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurovi...GBT_visibility Eurovision has had a long-held fan base in the LGBT community, and contest organisers have actively worked to include these fans in the event since the 1990s. Paul Oscar became the contest's first openly gay artist to compete when he represented Iceland in 1997. Israel's Dana International, the contest's first trans performer, became the first LGBT artist to win in 1998. In 2021, Nikkie de Jager became the first trans person to host the contest.

Several open members of the LGBT community have since gone on to compete and win: Conchita Wurst, the drag persona of openly gay Thomas Neuwirth, won the 2014 contest for Austria; openly bisexual performer Duncan Laurence was the winner of the 2019 contest for the Netherlands; and rock band Måneskin, winners of the 2021 contest for Italy, features openly bisexual Victoria De Angelis as its bassist. Marija Šerifović, who won the 2007 contest for Serbia, subsequently came out publicly as a lesbian in 2013. Past competing songs and performances have included references and allusions to same-sex relationships; "Nous les amoureux", the 1961 winning song, contained references to the difficulties faced by a homosexual relationship; Krista Siegfrids' performance of "Marry Me" at the 2013 contest included a same-sex kiss with one of her female backing dancers; and the stage show of Ireland's Ryan O'Shaughnessy's "Together" in 2018 had two male dancers portraying a same-sex relationship. Drag performers, such as Ukraine's Verka Serduchka, Denmark's DQ and Slovenia's Sestre, have appeared, including Wurst winning in 2014.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post

Oh yes, for sure. They always look so happy!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    It’s now been confirmed that the UK will be hosting Eurovision 2023. I just want to make sure that Daily Mail readers are OK right now with this massive festival of European unity and celebration of gay culture heading to these shores.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It's NOT Official until I say so
    Are we still taking instructions from Moscow? I didn't get that memo...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    It’s now been confirmed that the UK will be hosting Eurovision 2023. I just want to make sure that Daily Mail readers are OK right now with this massive festival of European unity and celebration of gay culture heading to these shores.
    Hey a contest the brits can't win with because the other countries cheat, lots of people in outrageous costumes it sounds like it is a British invention.

You chaps on the mainland have a problem with alternative sexuality & lifestyles then?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    It's NOT Official until I say so

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post
    Finally justice. Bloody Russians denied us a well earned victory
    Phew. I thought I was the only one that thought that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X