• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "They're all leaving...Sunak and Javid Quit"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    MICHELLE DONELAN The two day education minister…. £xxx,000 severance pay…. JUSTIFY THAT!
    It's a quirk of the system, ministers don't normally resign after a day. She's giving it to charity.
    Something to fix though it probably exists to stop ministers being unwilling to resign for reason of financial loss.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Darmie's confusing the total across all resigning (ex) ministers with the payment to one minister.

Leave a comment:

• Baddish
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    MICHELLE DONELAN The two day education minister…. £xxx,000 severance pay…. JUSTIFY THAT!
    I looked at this one minute ago and you wrote £470,000. You change it so can't be true

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

keeping a dangerous antisemite out of No10
    - that's a strong allegation. Mightn't he face libel, because I don't think Corbyn was personally ever shown to hold such views?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Which is why I don't think that position will hold. Most likely/best outcome is probably Raab as interim, immediately reappointing all those who were sacked or quit (and who should accept because we need a gov't in the interim). Party leader elections out the way before the end of the summer recess.
    From The Guardian -

Two ex-ministers have told the Guardian they think it not possible for Johnson to stay till the autumn.

One said: “He needs to be gone by tonight, Raab should take over.” Another said: “He needs to hand in the seals of office today and go. So we can have a caretaker PM.”

Another highly senior Tory source who has been with Johnson over the past 48 hours said his behaviour meant it was dangerous for the country for him to stay. The source said:
    His behaviour in the last 48 hrs and been reckless and erratic. He cannot be trusted to lead the country until the autumn. God knows what he will do.

One former government adviser said it was “dangerous” for Johnson to stay in post. Another ex-minister called him “a disgrace”.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-politics-live

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I just heard it is 59 resignations.

https://news.sky.com/story/cabinet-r...-quit-12646480

If he stays as leader no-one will come back and the government won't run.
    Which is why I don't think that position will hold. Most likely/best outcome is probably Raab as interim, immediately reappointing all those who were sacked or quit (and who should accept because we need a gov't in the interim). Party leader elections out the way before the end of the summer recess.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I just heard it is 59 resignations.

https://news.sky.com/story/cabinet-r...-quit-12646480

If he stays as leader no-one will come back and the government won't run.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Followed by a prompt-ish resignation.

It was never going to end remotely like Trump.
    Thankfully yes as that was all over bar the shooting.

qh

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    but remain as PM until a new leader is elected
    Maybe. We'll see, I guess. That is the stated intention of Boris as of 9:30AM today. Others might not agree...

Leave a comment:

• PCTNN
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

And Labour would still lose a General Election.
    Sad but true. for some reasons the majority of britons think they're better than they actually are. They vote tory or libdem because "labour is the party of the poor people". But they don't realise that they're peasants themselves.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Announced that Johnson will resign as party leader today but remain as PM until a new leader is elected, probably isn the Autumn.

Plenty of time for him to **** things up ever more than he has already, for the Standards Committee to get it's teeth into him and the Lebedev incident to be investigated no he's admitted to it.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    50 resignations !

This is all surreal - How is this possible.

Has he read all 50 letters and replied

I have no words
    More than 50.

The world's press is on the doorstep.

I was reading (through Google Translate) foreign headlines about the eediot [kisses teeth]

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    50 resignations !

This is all surreal - How is this possible.

Has he read all 50 letters and replied

I have no words

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    He didn't go to bed last night according to a photograph who stayed out side No 10 all night.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X