• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "If we can't figure out the Irish border, what happens if Scotland join the EU?"

Collapse

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

I'm not a Royal navy expert but I assume they have subs that don't carry nukes
    No, we have around 2500 subs and they all carry nukes. Make sure you pass that on to the Russians...

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by jainnode View Post

I think you'll find the Royal Navy is BRITISH, as in UK, so they don't belong to durham.
    wind your neck in, holy willy, you don't own this forum, just infest it with your pious bullsh1t
    He really doesn't like being caught out does he. A lovely gentleman too.

Leave a comment:

• jainnode
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

"nuclear submarine" specifically means a nuclear powered sub not one that carries nukes.
    Clearly you don't know and have nicely proved it.

How many nuclear powered naval vessels does Scotland have, other than subs, do you think? Many Scottish aircraft carriers knocking around? The Scots are against nuclear power generally, this is well-known.

This is the problem when you venture an opinion instead of just calling them stupid, you get found out.
    I think you'll find the Royal Navy is BRITISH, as in UK, so they don't belong to durham.
    wind your neck in, holy willy, you don't own this forum, just infest it with your pious bullsh1t

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

They're still nuclear subs though. Aren't those pretty contentious in their own right?

no, they aren't. thicko
    "nuclear submarine" specifically means a nuclear powered sub not one that carries nukes.

I know, - so fecking what?
    Clearly you don't know and have nicely proved it.

How many nuclear powered naval vessels does Scotland have, other than subs, do you think? Many Scottish aircraft carriers knocking around? The Scots are against nuclear power generally, this is well-known.

This is the problem when you venture an opinion instead of just calling them stupid, you get found out.

Leave a comment:

• jainnode
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Nuclear propulsion
    I know, - so fecking what? so are lots of military ships. geez, what a bunch of retards

Leave a comment:

• mattster
    replied

If I live on a street which straddles the border can I still go to the pub? We saw this a bit in lockdown when Wales/Scotland/England had differing rules.
    I went on a German exchange many years ago (pre Schengen) to Aachen, which is very close to the point where Gemrany, Belgium and The Netherlands meet. We went on a few bike rides (we were kids, 15 or so I think) and went through borders many times. A booth, as I recall, but no passports needed and waved through. I imagine the only thing that will interest border security is goods, so trucks etc will be stopped. Who knows, would be interesting to find out I guess. I'd be voting to leave the tulipshow that is the UK (England) if I lived in Scotland, that's for sure.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

no, they aren't. thicko
    Nuclear propulsion

Leave a comment:

• jainnode
    replied

They're still nuclear subs though. Aren't those pretty contentious in their own right?
    no, they aren't. thicko

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied

So they'd like to keep the subs but take out all the nuclear bits? And do what, use them as trendy underwater restaurants?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

just how thick ARE you, exactly??
    Good counter-argument.

Leave a comment:

• Guy At Charnock Richard
    replied

So they'd like to keep the subs but take out all the nuclear bits? And do what, use them as trendy underwater restaurants?
    LOL!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

shooting galleries? that way the needles are easy to get rid of.

Leave a comment:

• jainnode
    replied

just how thick ARE you, exactly??

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

They are anti-nuke, not anti-sub.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X