• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If we can't figure out the Irish border, what happens if Scotland join the EU?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

So they'd like to keep the subs but take out all the nuclear bits? And do what, use them as trendy underwater restaurants?
    LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by jainnode View Post

just how thick ARE you, exactly??
      Good counter-argument.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

So they'd like to keep the subs but take out all the nuclear bits? And do what, use them as trendy underwater restaurants?
        I'm not a Royal navy expert but I assume they have subs that don't carry nukes

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

I'm not a Royal navy expert but I assume they have subs that don't carry nukes
          They're still nuclear subs though. Aren't those pretty contentious in their own right?

Comment

They're still nuclear subs though. Aren't those pretty contentious in their own right?
            no, they aren't. thicko

Comment

no, they aren't. thicko
              Nuclear propulsion
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

If I live on a street which straddles the border can I still go to the pub? We saw this a bit in lockdown when Wales/Scotland/England had differing rules.
                I went on a German exchange many years ago (pre Schengen) to Aachen, which is very close to the point where Gemrany, Belgium and The Netherlands meet. We went on a few bike rides (we were kids, 15 or so I think) and went through borders many times. A booth, as I recall, but no passports needed and waved through. I imagine the only thing that will interest border security is goods, so trucks etc will be stopped. Who knows, would be interesting to find out I guess. I'd be voting to leave the tulipshow that is the UK (England) if I lived in Scotland, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Nuclear propulsion
                  I know, - so fecking what? so are lots of military ships. geez, what a bunch of retards

Comment

no, they aren't. thicko
                    "nuclear submarine" specifically means a nuclear powered sub not one that carries nukes.

I know, - so fecking what?
                    Clearly you don't know and have nicely proved it.

How many nuclear powered naval vessels does Scotland have, other than subs, do you think? Many Scottish aircraft carriers knocking around? The Scots are against nuclear power generally, this is well-known.

This is the problem when you venture an opinion instead of just calling them stupid, you get found out.

Comment

"nuclear submarine" specifically means a nuclear powered sub not one that carries nukes.
                      Clearly you don't know and have nicely proved it.

How many nuclear powered naval vessels does Scotland have, other than subs, do you think? Many Scottish aircraft carriers knocking around? The Scots are against nuclear power generally, this is well-known.

This is the problem when you venture an opinion instead of just calling them stupid, you get found out.
                      I think you'll find the Royal Navy is BRITISH, as in UK, so they don't belong to durham.
                      wind your neck in, holy willy, you don't own this forum, just infest it with your pious bullsh1t

Comment

Working...
                      X