• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Doom: Chelsea

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Doom: Chelsea"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

No CUK mods? I guess they'll come later...
    Yes. First they came for the corrupt evil Russians...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    You know that Chelsea credit card you have as a fan?

Well you can't use it. - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60714952

Oh and your mate Roman is no longer a director of the club.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    In the old days, clubs with financial irregularities were demoted.

Why do I suspect that Chelsea will not be subject to the rules that apply to everyone else?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	horse-ball.gif
Views:	51
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	4208882

Leave a comment:

• TheDude
    replied
    Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    What a shame when you consider that 'Training' is the last thing they were used for. As a lad I needed a good pair so bought Mercury, far superior to any fashion item.
    I run in Brooks who make really good running shoes but anyone wearing them would have been mercilessly taunted when I was at school.

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    What a shame when you consider that 'Training' is the last thing they were used for. As a lad I needed a good pair so bought Mercury, far superior to any fashion item.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by TheDude View Post

My mum used to tell me Nicks trainers were just as good as Nike - maybe they could make Chelsea's kits?
    Never heard of them.

In my day you got insulted for turning up in Hi-tec and you were better of making sure your trainers had no name.

Leave a comment:

• TheDude
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Nike may pull out and then it's lights out...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...al-540million/

NIKE are considering walking away from their 15-year kit deal with Chelsea in a split that could cost the Blues £540MILLION, according to reports.
    The Blues have been plunged into crisis after owner Roman Abramovich had his assets frozen by the UK government amid links with Vladimir Putin.
    My mum used to tell me Nicks trainers were just as good as Nike - maybe they could make Chelsea's kits?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Nike may pull out and then it's lights out...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...al-540million/

NIKE are considering walking away from their 15-year kit deal with Chelsea in a split that could cost the Blues £540MILLION, according to reports.
    The Blues have been plunged into crisis after owner Roman Abramovich had his assets frozen by the UK government amid links with Vladimir Putin.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Isn't AtW a wealthy Russian businessman?
    And he gives money to one of the wrong political parties...

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied

Only because he didn't know how.
    He could've googled it...

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

I doubt he gained his wealth by pillaging the Russian people of their resources.
    Only because he didn't know how.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied

I doubt he gained his wealth by pillaging the Russian people of their resources.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The UK’s first wave of sanctions under this new regime targeted:
    • 25 Russian nationals involved in the mistreatment and death of auditor Sergei Magnitsky, who uncovered widespread Russian corruption by a group of Russian tax and police officials
    • 20 Saudi nationals involved in the death of journalist Jamal Khashoggi
    • 2 high-ranking Myanmar military generals involved in the systematic and brutal violence against the Rohingya people and other ethnic minorities
    • 2 organisations involved in the forced labour, torture and murder that takes place in North Korea’s gulags

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

I have been curious how there is legal power for such far-reaching sanctions - they seem to include seizing assets, freezing bank accounts and in some cases, just taking the money (or selling the assets). Seemingly just "because we don't like Putin" - never thought about it before but there must be very specific legal procedures for all this. Under what grounds can UK government do this to Russian citizens, what branch of law is it?
    It's this - https://www.gov.uk/government/news/u...-rights-regime

Forty-nine individuals and organisations involved in some of the most notorious human rights violations and abuses in recent years have been designated for sanctions under a powerful new regime established today by the UK, the Foreign Secretary has announced.

The individuals and organisations are the first wave of designations under the new regime, with further sanctions expected in the coming months.

From today, the ground-breaking global regime means the UK has new powers to stop those involved in serious human rights abuses and violations from entering the country, channelling money through UK banks, or profiting from our economy.

The measures will target individuals and organisations, rather than nations.

It is the first time that the UK has sanctioned people or entities for human rights violations and abuses under a UK-only regime, and will allow the UK to work independently with allies such as the US, Canada, Australia and the European Union.

The UK’s first wave of sanctions under this new regime targeted:
    • 25 Russian nationals involved in the mistreatment and death of auditor Sergei Magnitsky, who uncovered widespread Russian corruption by a group of Russian tax and police officials
    • 20 Saudi nationals involved in the death of journalist Jamal Khashoggi
    • 2 high-ranking Myanmar military generals involved in the systematic and brutal violence against the Rohingya people and other ethnic minorities
    • 2 organisations involved in the forced labour, torture and murder that takes place in North Korea’s gulags

Leave a comment:

Working...
X