• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Bully Bercow

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bully Bercow"

Collapse

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Well that's nonsense.
    It's not. Management 101.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    If you have to raise your voice to make a point, ... you've already lost.
    Well that's nonsense.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

In some people's books, getting irate and challenging someone for their behaviour IS being a snowflake. Ziggy ziggy ziggy
    Those are the same people that confuse assertion with aggression I suppose? One is acceptable - even necessary in a good leader - the other is absolutely not. Bercow's behaviour was aggressive by all accounts. If you have to raise your voice to make a point, much less lose your temper, you've already lost.

Expecting respect is not the same as being a snowflake.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I heard her on the radio in the morning. She isn't a snowflake as she had no issues speaking up when Bercow was speaker unlike other MPs. She actually challenged him on calling her "stupid woman" then it was televised.
    In some people's books, getting irate and challenging someone for their behaviour IS being a snowflake. Ziggy ziggy ziggy

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied

I heard her on the radio in the morning. She isn't a snowflake as she had no issues speaking up when Bercow was speaker unlike other MPs. She actually challenged him on calling her "stupid woman" then it was televised.
    Interesting that Leadsom didn't actually hear Bercow say such a thing and only really kicked up a fuss after the Jeremy Corbyn and Theresa May exchange.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Yep.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied

Like Andrea Leadsom MP?
    Yep.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Bullying? FFS, there are too many snowflakes whose precious ego may have been dented.
    Like Andrea Leadsom MP?

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Bullying? FFS, there are too many snowflakes whose precious ego may have been dented.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    There might be an opening coming up soon for a nasty short-arse in Russia.
    Oh NOOOOO! now I have a mental picture of Bercow riding a horse Vlad stylee...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    John Bercow interviewed by Iain Dale last night.

"You are a bit of a nasty piece of work!"

such a slimeball (Bercow I mean, I'm a fan of Iain Dale)

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    There might be an opening coming up soon for a nasty short-arse in Russia.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    John Bercow interviewed by Iain Dale last night.

"You are a bit of a nasty piece of work!"

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Is that the same one Priti Patel attended?
    Probably but she apparently didn't do the optional module "throwing your mobile at underlings for fun".

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Oh the left loved him had to be a wrong un.

Seems he went to the Naomi Campbell school of person management.
    Is that the same one Priti Patel attended?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X