• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Christmas Ads

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Christmas Ads"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Of course you haven't women grooming boys isn't important.
    I'm curious how you know she's a woman from the ad. Or how you construe it as grooming.

Have you really run out of real things to be outraged by?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Along with tampons/sanitary protection & condoms.

IIRC an entire season of F1 never appeared due to one car being sponsored by the London Rubber Company.
    Obviously non catholic tastes

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Some of their products were a bit like wearing a boot, but Gold were pretty good.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/35748458

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

IIRC an entire season of F1 never appeared due to one car being sponsored by the London Rubber Company.
    Didn't know there was tyre company in London...

Last edited by SueEllen; 16 November 2021, 19:22.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Gambling ads were once banned from UK TV, along with ads for firearms and funeral services.
    Along with tampons/sanitary protection & condoms.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    You're a bit triggered by this whole 'woke' thing it seems

I hadn't seen the JL ad getting slammed for grooming. It does feature a non-consensual kiss of a minor I suppose.
    Of course you haven't women grooming boys isn't important.

Reverse the gender and see the squeals.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    It's a tossup between the Xmas ads on everything & the incredibly annoying gambling ads on Blaze as to which makes me go postal first.
    Gambling ads were once banned from UK TV, along with ads for firearms and funeral services.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    It's a tossup between the Xmas ads on everything & the incredibly annoying gambling ads on Blaze as to which makes me go postal first.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Oh I thought you meant a credible source
    To be fair that will just be a repeat of what randoms are saying on twatter.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Oh I thought you meant a credible source

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    You just reminded me that lots of kids where worried last year that Santa wouldn't be able to come due to Covid and lockdowns.

This ad will put all their minds at rest.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Very, me.

I hadn't seen the JL ad getting slammed for grooming.
    Look no further...
    https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...ml#post2906830

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

I hadn't seen the JL ad getting slammed for grooming. It does feature a non-consensual kiss of a minor I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    So, the JL ad is offensive because some see it as a reference to grooming. The Tesco ad is offensive because it talks about a mythical man having to show a QR code.
    Sainsbury's was in trouble for their Christmas ad last year because it featured a black family.

Is there any way to create an advert that won't offend the easily offended those who call everyone else "woke"?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Does he wear a mask? Does it show him changing his FaceBook profile picture to "I've had my COVID vaccine?"

Apparently not, in fact nobody is following government advice to wear a mask, even on the jam-packed plane where I thought they were required.
    Last edited by d000hg; 15 November 2021, 17:16.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X