• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Which umbrella

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Which umbrella"

Collapse

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post

Please do the needful and revert.
    Well it was close to being legible. Should have posted it myself rather than delegating it...

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Hint: If you want to be successful contractor, while asking for opinions if fine, don't rely on others to do your job for you.
    Please do the needful and revert.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by ForBajor View Post
    Hello there - wondered which umbrella you went with from that list? And how has it worked out?
    If you mean me, then which bit of "Don't use an umbrella myself and never had" are you having trouble with?

If you don't mean me, then the other thread has already answered this question - basically, none of the above.

Hint: If you want to be successful contractor, while asking for opinions if fine, don't rely on others to do your job for you.

Leave a comment:

• ForBajor
    replied
    Hello there - wondered which umbrella you went with from that list? And how has it worked out?

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by Delectable View Post
    Why is Clarity the recommended one?
    Because they are known not to mess around with payroll options, went out of their way to gain FSCA approval (not that that is worth anything outside the view of lazy agencies) ,allow pension payments sensibly, answer questions both to their clients and on here and have a generally good history.

Don't use an umbrella myslef and never had, but the guys on here that do not recommended for fun; they are one of the very few good ones.

Leave a comment:

• Delectable
    replied
    Why is Clarity the recommended one?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Witch Umbrella
    Click image for larger version

Name:	eng_pl_Waterproof-gothic-WITCHumbrella-classical-pagoda-73_4.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	4194626

Leave a comment:

• ITContrator
    replied
    Orange Genie used to be decent, now I wouldn't touch them with a barge poll

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by lukemg View Post
    Yawn, while you were typing that garbage a quick yes to one on the list would have been a lot easier. Or write nothing, either works.
    You might have thought about not posting it in the right part of the forums and you might not have gotten all this garbage.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Yawn, while you were typing that garbage a quick yes to one on the list would have been a lot easier. Or write nothing, either works.
    We cannot say Yes to any on that list for they all have problems (a couple I could talk about on here but for most of them doing so would breach NDAs I have with people or similar issues).

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Works for you equally well. Why expect others to do your research for you?

Pick one at random, they are all "big" companies with miserable reputations. Or do a bit of work and use one that won't mess you around and offers a decent service.

If you don't want advice, don't ask for it.

Or how about "use KPPES Group" to pick one at random. Assets of £1m, working capital of -£483,500. What could possibly go wrong...

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Yeah I know, search the forums,
    So why don't you? Even posting it in the right section of the forum might have shown you were willing to put even the slightest bit of effort.. but it seems not.

Quick answer is to tell them you want to go with Clarity. Ring Lucy and get her to speak to the agency so they can get on the PSL. She's FSCA approved so shouldn't be a problem. When the agency say no because they can't be bothered insist they do it and then let Lucy free on them.. Sic 'em Lucy!!
    Last edited by northernladuk; 8 October 2021, 12:35.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Yeah I know, search the forums, but if anyone can thumbs up any of these, I would appreciate it.
    Thanks
    APPpayeLtd
    Azebra Umbrella Ltd
    Clipper Contracting Group Ltd
    Crest Plus Ltd
    Danbro Ltd
    Exceed outsourcing ltd
    Exchequer Solutions Ltd
    Focused Consulting Ltd
    Giant Professional Ltd
    Green Lantern Trades Ltd
    JSA Services Ltd
    KPPES Ltd (My Key Pay group)
    N W M Solutions Ltd
    Orange Genie Cover Ltd
    Parasol Ltd
    Paystream My Max Ltd
    Sterling Solutions Umbrella Ltd
    Love to know the kick back the agency is getting..

Beyond that - no comment beyond rather you than me having that choice and Can I use my Clarity, my "existing" FCSA accredited umbrella

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    started a topic Which umbrella

Which umbrella

Yeah I know, search the forums, but if anyone can thumbs up any of these, I would appreciate it.
    Thanks
    APPpayeLtd
    Azebra Umbrella Ltd
    Clipper Contracting Group Ltd
    Crest Plus Ltd
    Danbro Ltd
    Exceed outsourcing ltd
    Exchequer Solutions Ltd
    Focused Consulting Ltd
    Giant Professional Ltd
    Green Lantern Trades Ltd
    JSA Services Ltd