• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Energy Crisis

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Energy Crisis"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Office energy charges (increased in October) going up from 18p to 48p!

And this is before Russian gas/oil embargo

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Even now I believe we rely on France for a fair proportion of our electricity supply
    You thought that voting for Brexit would magically create new nuclear power stations in the UK?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    This energy crisis is one reason I vote for Brexit. It was obvious the UK was becoming a parasite nation too dependent on the EU for practically everything, including energy supplies as well as law making and even food, and we were atrophying as a country in practicaly every important respect.

Now MPs, and the PM for that matter, are learning the hard way that the buck stops with them, and they can no longer use their favourite excuse "EU rules don'cha know, not a thing we can do about it!".

Even now I believe we rely on France for a fair proportion of our electricity supply, which probably largely explains the Poodle's impotence to sort out the immigrant crisis, if he is even interested in trying!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    You aren't going to get the £200 (right?) it just goes on your account?
    Yep.

My account is currently in credit.

It won't be by the end of summer.

​​​​

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    You aren't going to get the £200 (right?) it just goes on your account?

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    In his news conference he was calling it a "rebate".

Only this tulip show of a Tory party is a "loan I don't want" called a "rebate"
    Rishi will have "whiteboarded" that on TikTok with his tech bros.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Sounds very Rishy to me - can banks give a loan without request and then claw it back?

btw, he is spending close to like £10 bln on this somehow

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    "Energy bills: Rishi Sunak gives one-off repayable £200 discount to households"

https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...te-council-tax

Repayable discount?

What's next - returnable salary?
    In his news conference he was calling it a "rebate".

Only this tulip show of a Tory party is a "loan I don't want" called a "rebate"

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    "Energy bills: Rishi Sunak gives one-off repayable £200 discount to households"

https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...te-council-tax

Repayable discount?

What's next - returnable salary?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    lets say £8.7 billion
    Sounds like big enough amount to invest into getting more gas/oil from the North Sea?

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    If only there was some amount of government money, lets say £8.7 billion - that hadn't been squandered/given to mates/party donors - could have been used to assist with heating bills.

qh

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

WW3 can fix that...
    As last as body bags don't start coming back.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Forget about Partygate. Cost of living is about to engulf the Tories and feck them good.
    WW3 can fix that...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I've actually seen some Pickeroo motorcyclists covered like that...
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Oh yeah Lidl are a great shout, though the good stuff goes in minutes.
    Some of the thermals are advertised as "Motorbike thermals" - and they normally get left for a few days. The difference between then and "normal" thermals is that they have 3/4 length legs that stop where a motorbike boot would start, and they allegedly have more flexible pieces.

Merino is pricey though and hand-wash?
    Pricey and hand wash, yes. There are lots of alternates in between.

I might suggest our church starts an "underwear drive" because we live in a deprived area.
    Practical Christianity gets a big thumbs up from me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X