• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Get yer tits out - for those that appreciate the feathered things in life"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    Much silliness

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Maybe next season we can have a sticky for everyone to add links to camera feeds, etc?
    A sticky tit cam? What's not to like?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Great idea, im up for that! LM wine cellar cam would be interesting and busy
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Maybe next season we can have a sticky for everyone to add links to camera feeds, etc?
    Great idea, im up for that! LM letterbox cam would be interesting
    Last edited by northernladuk; 28 July 2021, 13:00.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Next time put a proper linky up (that I don't have to hunt for on this forum)...

I know people who spend hours watching birds, zoo animals and traffic cameras.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by mattster View Post
    Pretty mad viewing stats! I got about 12 views for my live stream this year, so I didn't bother to monetise in the end.
    Anything longer than 12 hours of live streaming and Youtube doesn't keep it, but I did manage to grab a few snippets - here's one of the chicks fledging:

Definitely a lot of fun tho, even if I ended up more interested in it than the kids. Just a simple raspberry pi setup which you can put together for about £40 (less than £20 if you use a pi zero and a knock off Chinesium camera). Top tips: use LED lights (pi driven 5v strip works well with a mosfet to switch and using daylight hours on/off), and don't bother with IR because they don't do much at night and gives crappy colours in the day (unless you get switchable IR filter, but that is getting more complicated).
    Next time put a proper linky up (that I don't have to hunt for on this forum)...

I know people who spend hours watching birds, zoo animals and traffic cameras.

Leave a comment:

• mattster
    replied
    Pretty mad viewing stats! I got about 12 views for my live stream this year, so I didn't bother to monetise in the end.
    Anything longer than 12 hours of live streaming and Youtube doesn't keep it, but I did manage to grab a few snippets - here's one of the chicks fledging:

Definitely a lot of fun tho, even if I ended up more interested in it than the kids. Just a simple raspberry pi setup which you can put together for about £40 (less than £20 if you use a pi zero and a knock off Chinesium camera). Top tips: use LED lights (pi driven 5v strip works well with a mosfet to switch and using daylight hours on/off), and don't bother with IR because they don't do much at night and gives crappy colours in the day (unless you get switchable IR filter, but that is getting more complicated).

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Looks like three or four were born but only two fledged? Not an unexpected survival rate I guess.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Gotta admit it's an interesting watch that. I'd love to do something like this. Chatting to the neighbours and friends I mention the titcam on here to them and they've all said they'd like to do the same. Funny how it appeals to so many.

I love the male (if my life experience is anything to go by) getting the boot at 1.09 and the Rook getting it's claws and beak in right after is very interesting.

Definitely gonna get a decent set up sorted for next year for myself.

Leave a comment:

• Get yer tits out - for those that appreciate the feathered things in life

For those uninhibited about filming their box!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...LION-hits.html

Nestflix! Wildlife fan's videos of blue tits in a nesting box go viral with more than 41 MILLION hits
    • John Chadwick, 43, from Loughborough, captured the footage from his bird box
    • Blue tits can be seen feeding their chicks caterpillars and other tasty treats
    • The clip, shared online, has racked up over 41million hits from global viewers
    • Reacting to his viral sensation, John admits: 'It's gone a little bit bonkers!'

link for the wail deniers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68XGuIAFjJY

Working...
X