• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Learn, earn or quit!"

Collapse

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
    Is there another philosophy in term of approaching work that deviates from this?

Just asking, there are probably more seasoned people than me around here…
    Do you mean work, or do you mean your current career?

If you mean work, then surely 'quit' is only an option is you have earned enough over the years to pay for the lifestyle to allow you to quit?

Personally, I'm always looking to learn - I never assume I know everything (I know, hard to believe) and I'm always learning and developing. I take this learning on to future roles (and by learning, it doesn't always have to be a new hard skill/programming language, could be a soft skill).

At your age (30 ish?) you should be learning something new every day. Never think you know it all, it's not a good trait and will come out in interviews.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    Where does retirement fit into that? Not really earning a living, living off investment income.
    Earning a deferred living?

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Where does retirement fit into that? Not really earning a living, living off investment income.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    You mean suicide?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Well, the way I see it, a man's got to have a philosophy in life.

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    started a topic Learn, earn or quit!

Learn, earn or quit!

Is there another philosophy in term of approaching work that deviates from this?

Just asking, there are probably more seasoned people than me around here…

Working...
X