• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Harry Potter Studio Tour…"

Collapse

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by saptastic View Post

I did it yesterday - was very good even though not a big HP fan.
    More of a Daddies Brown Sauce fan?

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    SWMBO has booked tickets to the studio tour for the youngest birthday in July, looking at the time suggested it takes to complete the tour it will be about 22:00 at night when we finish. Has anyone any experience of getting back to central London from Watford late or would we be better finding somewhere local to get our heads down that night?

(And yes I have asked my accountant and he’s said I can use the loyalty points I’ve accrued for staying away at MyCos expense for a freebie night)
    I did it yesterday - was very good even though not a big HP fan.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post

Also this

To be fair the cost of the tickets now are eye watering and IMO not worth what you get. I went a few years ago, it was about £30/adult. Pricey but about the same as a theme park so it was ok.
    Now its almost £50/adult and £37/Child.

Definitely not worth that.
    I charge more for my time than that, so if it's good what's the problem?

Leave a comment:

• MonkeysUncle
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    If you have kids then be prepared to take out a second mortgage if you dare to enter the gift shop.
    Also this

To be fair the cost of the tickets now are eye watering and IMO not worth what you get. I went a few years ago, it was about £30/adult. Pricey but about the same as a theme park so it was ok.
    Now its almost £50/adult and £37/Child.

Definitely not worth that.

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied
    If you have kids then be prepared to take out a second mortgage if you dare to enter the gift shop.

Leave a comment:

• MonkeysUncle
    replied
    What time have you booked for? It only takes a 2/3 hours to go through the tour. 4 if you REALLY take your time.
    You could take a cab to Watford underground (10min) and then metropolitan line into London.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Bit of a curveball but Heathrow - does it have direct links to Watford? Seems to me getting back into London that time should be easy enough though.

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    I am going on the tour with my daughter next week :-)

There is a "Hogwarts express" decked out double decker bus that goes from the tour studio to London. Looks fine. I see it on the roads all the time.
    So worth checking this out.

Overground train - might not be fun at this time or Uber £35-£40 its only 45mins at night.

There is no Marriott - The Grove is nearby - if you want to spend lots of ££££
    Or there are some cheaper hotels within a few miles.

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    There is a Marriot Hotel not too far away.
    You should make the lastish train back to London.
    Your best accommodation options will probably be London.
    I don't think there are any quality accomodation options around there. You never know AirBnb might show up something
    Uber is another option.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    You need a car - public transport isn't an option
    Why do you say that? Shuttle bus not up to cop?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    SWMBO has booked tickets to the studio tour for the youngest birthday in July, looking at the time suggested it takes to complete the tour it will be about 22:00 at night when we finish. Has anyone any experience of getting back to central London from Watford late or would we be better finding somewhere local to get our heads down that night?

(And yes I have asked my accountant and he’s said I can use the loyalty points I’ve accrued for staying away at MyCos expense for a freebie night)
    Watford is a s-hole. I work on a KPMG project there. The Overground train to London runs until 23:30.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    You need a car - public transport isn't an option

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    UberX would be about £40 I reckon?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    started a topic Harry Potter Studio Tour…

Harry Potter Studio Tour…

Working...
X