• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bill Gates is getting divorced"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    She will be getting 65 billion for 27 years of marriage.
    That works out to be 6.5 million per day.
    Nice one.
    And so will he, if your claims are to be believed.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Nice one.
    Even IR35 couldn't put a total dampener on a rate like that...

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    Nice one.
    I'd have bailed out after the first day. Maybe I'm not ambitious enough.

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    Nice one.

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    There are rumours Meghan is keen on a night out with Bill... Remember where you heard it first

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    wow the lawyers will want to work on a %

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by edison View Post

They have hired three lawyers each. The ones Melinda has hired are apparently very renowned in this kind of divorce...
    They went to the lawyers with a pre-agreed "settlement contract" though. Sounds like they genuinely want to avoid acrimony but of course the lawyers might have other ideas

The whole story does make me a bit sad.

Leave a comment:

• edison
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

They have both signed up to give most of their wealth away, so this would be a good opportunity in order to avoid exactly that faff divvying it all up through lawyers. Maybe they already have?
    They have hired three lawyers each. The ones Melinda has hired are apparently very renowned in this kind of divorce...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    a class action against Bill as blow-back for his world-fixing stunts.

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Could it just be a crafty tax fiddle?

Mind you, Melinda will have to pay a shedload of death duty if Bill pops off first (or vice versa)
    This was my first thought but not in the way you are running with it. It would be a way of ring-fencing the wealth if there is a class action against Bill as blow-back for his world-fixing stunts.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    The mind boggles with what they have and how they split it up. I am sure they own stuff they no idea about or has completely forgotten they owned. Most of it is in assets looking at the news stories as well. The list of things up for discussion will be absolutely incredible. I assume with that amount of money they won't be digging through the finite detail of absolutely everything will they? Crazy situation which would be really interesting if you are close enough.
    They have both signed up to give most of their wealth away, so this would be a good opportunity in order to avoid exactly that faff divvying it all up through lawyers. Maybe they already have?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    Does Melinda get to control 1/2 our brains as part of the settlement?
    if she can find it!

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Buffet, Bezos and Gates have all been fleeced by their battulip women spending their billions on machines to turn turds into drinking water and other such crap. And then they get divorced. Should have been firmer about no more than an allowance for an annual redecoration at the start.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    The mind boggles with what they have and how they split it up. I am sure they own stuff they no idea about or has completely forgotten they owned. Most of it is in assets looking at the news stories as well. The list of things up for discussion will be absolutely incredible. I assume with that amount of money they won't be digging through the finite detail of absolutely everything will they? Crazy situation which would be really interesting if you are close enough.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Could it just be a crafty tax fiddle?

Mind you, Melinda will have to pay a shedload of death duty if Bill pops off first (or vice versa)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X