• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mind of a Daily Mail reader"

Collapse

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    ******* amateur. You know the Night Bus stop on Kensington Church Street? On the side with the antique shops? I used to live in the flat with a front door that opened that onto the bus stop. Never ending stream of double deckers rattling the whole flat.

AtW, there is worse than Kebab shops.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

New build properties frequently sell for less than what they were brought for if sold within a couple of years.

So she will get nowhere.....
    That's true and due to the 'new' premium which is included in a valuation, which once its been owned is lost.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    New build properties frequently sell for less than what they were brought for if sold within a couple of years.
    Oh that's something somebody who is paid to value the property would have no idea about!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    If she can't sell for the price she bought - sue whoever did valueation...

So she will get nowhere.....

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    If she can't sell for the price she bought - sue whoever did valueation...

Leave a comment:

• Fraidycat
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
    "I can’t move because nobody would buy the house,’ she said."
    Is she suggesting someone would have to be stupid to buy the house?

Not for the price she paid.
    A land lord will take it at the right price, and a tenant will rent it for the right price as well.

I wonder if she had a survey done. The surveyor would of at least mentioned the busy A road will put off potential future buyers and make the house harder to sell. Although my guess is she would just of ignored that advice anyways.
    Last edited by Fraidycat; 14 April 2021, 18:37.

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    how can you view the house and not notice a massive road behind your garden
    the mind boggles

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Instead of whinging they should take down the fence and turn it into a greasy spoon takeaway.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    It would make a nice followup article if or when somebody actually buys it.

What about her neighbours, perhaps they'd be wiling to get extra parking or something?

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    "I can’t move because nobody would buy the house,’ she said."

Is she suggesting someone would have to be stupid to buy the house?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    https://metro.co.uk/2021/04/14/coles...upid-14407361/

"I'm not stupid" she claims....

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Well I need to take my car for a drive, so now I know where to go.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    I think the day every noisy car, motorbike, van, bus and lorry is replaced by silent electric vehicles is a looooong way off.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post

Most of the noise is from the tires, motors are quite quiet these days. Electric will only reduce the fumes.
    And with poorly maintained electric cars there will probably be a load of ozone pollution to contend with

Roads like that will be twice as noisy in the rain, so what's the betting all of her viewings were on nice sunny days?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    its not even in a BrumKebab delivery area!
    It’s right outside it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X