• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Permie-boomed

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Permie-boomed"

Collapse

• saptastic
    replied
    Good Luck Cycling Programmer - please keep adding your valuable insights on the pro forums. :-)

Leave a comment:

• TheCyclingProgrammer
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

It means if he wants to sod off for 6 weeks holiday he can.

In reality most people fail to take any holidays apart from about 2 weeks a year. A few then disappear for 4 to 6 months after 4+ years working for the company.
    Basically this but there is also a mandatory minimum. 10 days in the US but I will be hired under a U.K. employment contact so minimum will likely be whatever the U.K. minimum is now (4-5 weeks I think).

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

give us a shout after your first performance review...

unlimited paid time off policy? what does that even mean?
    Sure probably the yearly figure sounds nice but what price do you put on your soul?
    It means if he wants to sod off for 6 weeks holiday he can.

In reality most people fail to take any holidays apart from about 2 weeks a year. A few then disappear for 4 to 6 months after 4+ years working for the company.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

Sure probably the yearly figure sounds nice but what price do you put on your soul?
    Contractors have accountants not souls!

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post

I'll enjoy it along with the excellent 6 figure salary and unlimited paid time off policy all whilst continuing to work from my own home office.

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    OK enough gloating.

On your way out, please return you logins, radiator key, and your travelodge atlas.
    Then take one each of the pamphlets:
    "Take no prisoners - A deputy assistant supervisor explains how he climbed the greasy pole in just over 30 years"
    "Yes boss! - How to embrace servitude with 3 easy rules"

Leave a comment:

• TheCyclingProgrammer
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Strange on my 4th. Maybe its just tulip ones?

Congrats enjoy the annual reviews!
    I'll enjoy it along with the excellent 6 figure salary and unlimited paid time off policy all whilst continuing to work from my own home office.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    good for you.
    Many companies don't even hire ex-contractors as permie.
    Strange on my 4th. Maybe its just tulip ones?

Congrats enjoy the annual reviews!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    With the company I work for, all the directors and most of the staff are ex-contractors.

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    good for you.
    Many companies don't even hire ex-contractors as permie.

Leave a comment:

• TheCyclingProgrammer
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Splitter!

Oh, go on, have a banana then

And did you check with your accountant about the outside-inside risks?
    Contract was outside IR35 and company has no UK presence not overly concerned. I’m certainly looking forward to never having to think about bloody IR35 again.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Splitter!

Oh, go on, have a banana then

And did you check with your accountant about the outside-inside risks?

Leave a comment:

• TheCyclingProgrammer
    started a topic Permie-boomed

Permie-boomed

12 years of freelancing and contracting, 400+ invoices, just sent the last one. Officially becoming employed by current client from next week after they sorted out their international hiring issues (they are using a UK-based employer of record). A list of paperwork and tasks left relating to closing the company down but that's it for now!

It feels a bit weird to be honest.

Working...
X