• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Pension savings - I was wrong"

Collapse

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Lady boys?
    I don't think so, but now you mention it ......

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    So would I, but for a completely different reason
    Lady boys?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    exactly. State pension is £700/month which is the lowest in the developed world.
    After paying the bills you will have money left to eat canned food only. I would rather retire in thailand.
    So would I, but for a completely different reason

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied

If the state pension had any real value then it would be more. I don't know how anyone can live on only c.£8k per year.
    exactly. State pension is £700/month which is the lowest in the developed world.
    After paying the bills you will have money left to eat canned food only. I would rather retire in thailand.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

I thought they would have saved lot more with number of deaths topping 100k+
    £1.5bn is peanuts compared to what our boy Sunak has spent , £400bn and counting
    Every little helps...

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied

£1.5bn is peanuts compared to what our boy Sunak has spent , £400bn and counting
    If the state pension had any real value then it would be more. I don't know how anyone can live on only c.£8k per year.

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    I estimated the other day a saving to the Tories of about £1bn a year due to pensioners dying of covid, seems it's closer to £1.5bn savings. Tories will get a nice £0.9bn windfall in inheritance tax too.

Well done Tories

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56272829

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    Tories are usually old people, so they basically killed their voter base for a quick profit.

Seems fair.
    A disproportionate number seem to have been from ethnic minorities, so I would question your maths. There have been 20 million folks jabbed, and they're still doing the over 65's. I reckon the OAP bigot quotient is largely intact, and I look forward to making up the numbers in due course...

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Unfair to payer but not to payee
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Unfair to payor but not to payee

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Tories are usually old people, so they basically killed their voter base for a quick profit.

Seems fair.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I estimated the other day a saving to the Tories of about £1bn a year due to pensioners dying of covid, seems it's closer to £1.5bn savings. Tories will get a nice £0.9bn windfall in inheritance tax too.

Well done Tories

I thought of that cynical post when I saw the story last night.

And LM's post about it being spent already...

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    They're probably secretly kicking themselves that they didn't just let it rip a year ago.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Ah, they'll be killing us off with a phoney c* jab.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    started a topic Pension savings - I was wrong

Pension savings - I was wrong

Well done Tories

Working...
X