• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Scottishly different"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Scotland are going to speed up their lockdown easing now. Which probably puts it on track with England.

Leave a comment:

• jainnode
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

What a ******* moron. You can't make this crap up. You call him a bigot, you call me a nasty piece of work for referring to someone as council trash and then you post this in word associations...

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2865683

Change your password and **** off.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by jainnode View Post

typical English bigot
    What a ******* moron. You can't make this crap up. You call him a bigot, you call me a nasty piece of work for referring to someone as council trash and then you post this in word associations...

Originally posted by saptastic View Post

Irish
    Originally posted by jainnode View Post

Terrorist
    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2865683

Change your password and **** off.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post

Why can't you both be in a bubble (that sounds like a fun night if nothing else) ? They can't close the border completely, surely?
    We did do the bubble thing for as long as we could but technically the border was closed, including to bubbles, when the current lock down started. I think they begrudgingly let some categories of people cross the border but probably only on terms practical to those living in no-mans-land on the border.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post

Why can't you both be in a bubble (that sounds like a fun night if nothing else) ? They can't close the border completely, surely?
    Babe in a bubble? We can get John Travolta to do the film!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    All I can see from wee Jimmy Krankie's nonsense is that I probably won't get to see HWMBO until May. But I should be able to visit the parentals and stand in their garden soon.

Leave a comment:

• agentzero
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

WTF did you get that from? Sweeping generalisations the lot of it. And there were as many FUs in the public sector. Some private care homes are appalling as are some public sector. I know because my wife is a Head of Service in the public sector. And there is no such thing as 'the inspectorate' The Care Quality Commission do the inspecting.
    The inspectorate is a descriptive term. It's even used across gov.scot websites - perhaps your wife isn't as in the know as you like to make out on this forum.

RCA for Care Home:

https://www.gov.scot/publications/ro...eaks/pages/16/

Quote:
    12. Inspection arrangements

The statutory duty for inspecting care homes in Scotland lies with the Care Inspectorate. The review team was able to review the most recently published inspection reports for each of the four homes, although further inspections in these homes were ongoing during the period of this review and we have therefore been unable to incorporate any further issues arising from these into the RCA report.
    It is well known that care home general staff had no access to masks or other PPE, even basic flimsy PPE, for months from the start of the pandemic in Scotland. It's difficult to calculate how many lives would have been saved, but it's fair to say that many people wouldn't have spread it via droplets had masks been used by all care home staff. Keep in mind that this is the original variant that was far less contagious and required longer contact, therefore higher viral load, to increase the chance of more severe illness.

Of all the care homes it seems that the private care homes that did well were the extortionate private care homes, such as that monstrosity in Edinburgh near Edinburgh zoo, which is hardly surprising given their rich clientele. As much have lessons have been learned now, it seems suspiciously pathetic that I was able to buy FFP3 masks in central Edinburgh quite easily, to provide to medical GP friends who had zero access to any for about 6 weeks, whilst care homes couldn't even manage basic surgical masks. Their lack of quality management is the cause of this debacle and not to be thrown at the door of the government. Medical experts were recommending whatever masks these places could get their hands on at the start and the care home management ignored the recommendations and urgency, with catastrophic results.
    Last edited by agentzero; 25 February 2021, 23:43.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by agentzero View Post

Private care homes weren't adhering to the guidance and advice on wearing masks or any PPE. They were doing as they please. Given that such low paid workers also don't take time off when feeling unwell, it was a lethal combination that results in many deaths. You appear to be unable to attribute responsibility where it is due and that is to the private sector care home owners who have been shown for many years to not give a tulip about what's best for their residents. This is why so many have been forcefully closed by the inspectorate over the years.
    WTF did you get that from? Sweeping generalisations the lot of it. And there were as many FUs in the public sector. Some private care homes are appalling as are some public sector. I know because my wife is a Head of Service in the public sector. And there is no such thing as 'the inspectorate' The Care Quality Commission do the inspecting.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    All I can see from wee Jimmy Krankie's nonsense is that I probably won't get to see HWMBO until May. But I should be able to visit the parentals and stand in their garden soon.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by agentzero View Post

Private care homes weren't adhering to the guidance and advice on wearing masks or any PPE. They were doing as they please. Given that such low paid workers also don't take time off when feeling unwell, it was a lethal combination that results in many deaths. You appear to be unable to attribute responsibility where it is due and that is to the private sector care home owners who have been shown for many years to not give a tulip about what's best for their residents. This is why so many have been forcefully closed by the inspectorate over the years.
    proof?

Leave a comment:

• agentzero
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

She has to delay as more Scottish people on average are unhygienic, otherwise how did they manage to kill of elderly care home residents in a remote place?

Leave a comment:

• jainnode
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

She has to delay as more Scottish people on average are unhygienic, otherwise how did they manage to kill of elderly care home residents in a remote place?
    typical English bigot

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Nicola's strategy this whole time has been to let Boris do his thing, then complain about it before doing basically the same thing a few days later with just enough tweaks she can bang on about independence.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Nicola's strategy this whole time has been to let Boris do his thing, then complain about it before doing basically the same thing a few days later with just enough tweaks she can bang on about independence.

I agree its a little sad really.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X