• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New Forum Bug Reports"

Collapse

• edison
    replied
    Invalid page URL error for 'Working from Airbnb' post in Accounting/Legal.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Is it just me?
    Once this morning, mid post, the login screen appeared. After logging in, the post was still there and posted OK
    Then I closed out of here and went back in a few minutes later, again it's asked for my login.

Leave a comment:

• edison
    replied
    Originally posted by edison View Post
    Getting the Invalid Page URL error again when trying to view some newly created threads.
    I got this error message again today when trying to view the 'The courts say/we say' thread in the IR35 Reform sub-forum.

Leave a comment:

• edison
    replied
    Getting the Invalid Page URL error again when trying to view some newly created threads.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    The return of the 524 error.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    The Spectrum was available as a 16k unit if you were cheap

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZX_Spectrum

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

Zx81, the Spectrum supported 48k
    You only got to 16K with a strap on!

and the 2k upgrade didn't help

its bust and not in a good way

https://forums.contractoruk.com/general/4280476-twofer

did you see what I did there?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

I'm maxed out at 16k. Just like the Spectrum.
    Zx81, the Spectrum supported 48k

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Excellent news. Can we also double the amount of RAM in the mods?
    I'm maxed out at 16k. Just like the Spectrum.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by Contractor UK View Post
    We doubled the RAM on the server - on AWS - no expense spared for you all. Hope that also helps. Any probs post here.
    Excellent news. Can we also double the amount of RAM in the mods?

Leave a comment:

• Contractor UK
    replied
    We doubled the RAM on the server - on AWS - no expense spared for you all. Hope that also helps. Any probs post here.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    what a cheek!

https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...-possibly-nsfw

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Pressed the back button a few times after paging through a thread then replying to a post and got this... (It doesn't appear to have actually stopped me using the site though!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-11-28 091528.png
Views:	78
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	4279205

Leave a comment:

• Contractor UK
    replied
    Thank You NickFitz - hopefully this helps alot

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Just a quick update: it seems there have been a lot of web crawlers of the more useless kind hammering the site of late. These have now been blocked, which will hopefully make things run more smoothly.

I've also been working out some stuff which will shift some of the load that currently gets imposed on the database onto more suitable technologies (memcache, to be precise) which we'll look to get deployed this week. And I'm looking into a database upgrade, which will further improve performance. So things will hopefully have improved somewhat as of this morning, and will improve some more in the near future

Leave a comment:

Working...
X