• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New Forum Bug Reports"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    You can still read TPD by looking at Latest Activity and reply. A sub-optimal experience but ok for the interim.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Curiously I can still edit my last post in TPD using the search (click on user name: brings up list of posts, click edit & voila!). Though it brought up a 524 error it had made the edits.
    I think that works because it's only querying the database for that specific post, and the list of posts is also queried based on the user and then the posts. For a normal thread page, it's trying to get a bunch of posts and, due to how relational databases work, that requires a fair amount of memory to filter it down to the ones to display.

My guess is that the database server is having memory problems so it struggles on threads with x,000 posts or more where x is greater than or equal to 3 (Dead Celebs is nearly 2,700 and still loads)

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Curiously I can still edit my last post in TPD using the search (click on user name: brings up list of posts, click edit & voila!). Though it brought up a 524 error it had made the edits.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    TPD is intercoursed.
    Not just TPD - any thread with a sizeable number of replies. See The Funny Picture Thread and The Counting Thread - same thing. I also can't get in to the Admin Control Panel, where I was going to try clearing the system cache in case that helped

I no longer have access to the servers, so I can't even have a look in the logs to at least work out what's going on

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    TPD is intercoursed.

Leave a comment:

• edison
    replied
    Invalid page URL error for 'Working from Airbnb' post in Accounting/Legal.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Is it just me?
    Once this morning, mid post, the login screen appeared. After logging in, the post was still there and posted OK
    Then I closed out of here and went back in a few minutes later, again it's asked for my login.

Leave a comment:

• edison
    replied
    Originally posted by edison View Post
    Getting the Invalid Page URL error again when trying to view some newly created threads.
    I got this error message again today when trying to view the 'The courts say/we say' thread in the IR35 Reform sub-forum.

Leave a comment:

• edison
    replied
    Getting the Invalid Page URL error again when trying to view some newly created threads.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    The return of the 524 error.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    The Spectrum was available as a 16k unit if you were cheap

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZX_Spectrum

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

Zx81, the Spectrum supported 48k
    You only got to 16K with a strap on!

and the 2k upgrade didn't help

its bust and not in a good way

https://forums.contractoruk.com/general/4280476-twofer

did you see what I did there?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

I'm maxed out at 16k. Just like the Spectrum.
    Zx81, the Spectrum supported 48k

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Excellent news. Can we also double the amount of RAM in the mods?
    I'm maxed out at 16k. Just like the Spectrum.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by Contractor UK View Post
    We doubled the RAM on the server - on AWS - no expense spared for you all. Hope that also helps. Any probs post here.
    Excellent news. Can we also double the amount of RAM in the mods?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X