• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "astra zeneca vs pfizer"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    And let's not forget that it also provides 5G connectivity...

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    Real life study to date https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...-says-12224403

Pfizer is 98.9% effective in preventing hospitalisations and death

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    Originally posted by ronkeen View Post
    Well that is why you are here little Guinea pig boy. With enough of you we will have ever refreshing statistics for years to come. We will then pay the people to give me the best vaccine available. You know - the one that makes me smarter and better.
    Ok fair play to you - hold out for a vaccine that makes you smarter.

Enjoy the wait.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by ronkeen View Post
    You know - the one that makes me smarter and better.
    Sounds like you need the help.

Leave a comment:

• ronkeen
    replied
    Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    I have the jab tomorrow.

From a quick read AZ seems to have fluctuating efficacy of 63% - 92%
    But the full trial shows 70%.

Pfizer shows 95% efficacy

But different percentages seem to be reported in the media across different trials.
    And AZ are doing a new trial in the US

I guess they will never really know for sure until probably 6 months into the vaccination process.

But seems to be a big gap between the two vaccines? Is this correct?
    Well that is why you are here little Guinea pig boy. With enough of you we will have ever refreshing statistics for years to come. We will then pay the people to give me the best vaccine available. You know - the one that makes me smarter and better.

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    WhatThisDudeSaid
    You the man

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Yes.

And unlikely you will have a choice anyway, most certainly you'll get AZ stuff.
    WhatThisDudeSaid

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    I had AZ. Very well organised at the surgery.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Has the Pfizer yesterday. No symptoms at all yet. I am Superman.

Leave a comment:

• mattster
    replied
    Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    I have the jab tomorrow.

From a quick read AZ seems to have fluctuating efficacy of 63% - 92%
    But the full trial shows 70%.

Pfizer shows 95% efficacy

But different percentages seem to be reported in the media across different trials.
    And AZ are doing a new trial in the US

I guess they will never really know for sure until probably 6 months into the vaccination process.

But seems to be a big gap between the two vaccines? Is this correct?
    I do remember reading a while ago that this wasn't an apples to apples comparison. I think the Pfizer tests may have been waiting for test subjects to self-report, whilst AZ was taking (very) regular PCR tests, and so picked up a lot more asymptomatic stuff. I could be wrong though.
    The metric that really matters is protection against severe disease, and I think all approved vaccines so far do very well on this (as in, 100% or close to it).

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Definitely need a tongue-in-cheek emoji
    Yeah. Went right over his head that one didn't it.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    I intend to get all three vaccines AZ, Pfizer and moderna. All three are pretty good in their own way and extremely effective. Might travel to Moscow after to get a shot of Sputnik too.
    One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer... George Thorogood!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by silent bob View Post
    eh??? another poster mentioned blinding headaches with same vaccine, thought it appropriate to mention actual experience, but whatever makes you happy brother
    If only he'd been replying to that other poster.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    I intend to get all three vaccines AZ, Pfizer and moderna. All three are pretty good in their own way and extremely effective. Might travel to Moscow after to get a shot of Sputnik too.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by silent bob View Post
    eh??? another poster mentioned blinding headaches with same vaccine, thought it appropriate to mention actual experience, but whatever makes you happy brother
    Definitely need a tongue-in-cheek emoji

Leave a comment:

Working...
X