• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Read the instructions..."

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I seem to recall that motor home manufacturers didn't initially tell drivers that they mustn't leave the driver's seat after engaging cruise control. It was only after someone set cruise control then went out back to make a cuppa, crashed, and successfully sued, did such a statement get included.

I really hope that's an urban myth but I have horrible feeling it's true.
    I know with the MacDonalds hot coffee lawsuit the woman was told to sue by some charitable organisation as many people had burnt themselves on their coffee.

So I suspect more than one person had a mishap with cruise control in a vehicle before that person was encouraged to sued.

In this case I don't suspect anyone else has been so stupid yet.....

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    I always think so many of those safety instructions, don't let infants play with toilet cleaner etc., are unnecessary, that nobody is that stupid, but maybe I'm wrong.
    I seem to recall that motor home manufacturers didn't initially tell drivers that they mustn't leave the driver's seat after engaging cruise control. It was only after someone set cruise control then went out back to make a cuppa, crashed, and successfully sued, did such a statement get included.

I really hope that's an urban myth but I have horrible feeling it's true.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I didn't realise she is 40.

Not exactly young enough to be so stupid.
    If there's one thing this forum has taught me, it's that there is no correlation between age and stupidity.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I didn't realise she is 40.

Not exactly young enough to be so stupid.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Do they all still have a phone helpline listed in the instructions? "I've glued my hand to my penis" etc
    How does one dial in that situation? Is that what a dictaphone is for?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    I always think so many of those safety instructions, don't let infants play with toilet cleaner etc., are unnecessary, that nobody is that stupid, but maybe I'm wrong.
    Do they all still have a phone helpline listed in the instructions? "I've glued my hand to my penis" etc

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    She has cut it off now.

Woman who set her hair with Gorilla Glue cuts off her ponytail | Daily Mail Online

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    She needs to get her hair off her head first.
    I bet if she did use a wig she would use gorilla glue.

Reminds me of man who went into wig shop ansd ask how much a wig was. £100 + tax. The man said don't bother with tacks, I willjust glue it on...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Then she could get a syrup
    She needs to get her hair off her head first.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Could she borrow yours?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I don't think she wants to rock the Sinead O'Connor look considering she was doing a TikTok video on making a great pony tail or similar.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Forever? So her hair has stopped growing?
    I don't think she wants to rock the Sinead O'Connor look considering she was doing a TikTok video on making a great pony tail or similar.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Forever? So her hair has stopped growing?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Apes go strong with shares
    ??

Leave a comment:

Working...
X