• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Zoom meetings.

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Zoom meetings."

Collapse

• hobnob
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Don't cry for me, Jackie Weaver: Lloyd Webber wri…: https://youtu.be/2HBABHh4LXU
    A similar video from last year:
    Handforth Parish Council: The Musical - YouTube

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

So you are saying you think people didn't watch the video before commenting?

I did.
    So if a moderator bans you because you post a swear word or breach the conditions its all the moderators fault because you are female?

She over stepped the mark, thought she was in charge was repeatedly told to behave then he lost it and she illegally disrupted a council meeting.

Note the meeting has been edited for her advantage.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

So you are saying the councillors behaviour was acceptable? Do you behave like that in client meetings?
    He may have sounded somewhat grumpier than might have been ideal, but let's not forget he may have had many previous similar run-ins with this clerk.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

I don't, but he was right that she was overstepping the mark.

Sadly neither came out of the exchange with Glory, my point was the decision to support her blindly was misandry.
    So you are saying you think people didn't watch the video before commenting?

I did.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

So you are saying the councillors behaviour was acceptable? Do you behave like that in client meetings?
    I don't, but he was right that she was overstepping the mark.

Sadly neither came out of the exchange with Glory, my point was the decision to support her blindly was misandry.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

So some jumped up little pen pusher over stepped her authority and the usual suspects supported her because she was a woman?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

But it cost the council £85,000 for an enquiry to establish that
    It's not their money is it?

If it came from their own pockets they wouldn't have done it.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    So some jumped up little pen pusher over stepped her authority and the usual suspects supported her because she was a woman?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

No idea.

I just assumed that page loading was counted and so there's tracking to show how many times an ad was presented with maybe a bonus for click throughs.
    you get fractions of a penny for an impression (even on the fail, though some people may be used to tuppence per minute on kinkier parts of onlyfans) and significantly larger fractions if you click through on an ad. If using an ad broker then the fraction changes based on the host publication and state of the campaign. Normally the ads are syndicated / brokered and when the page is served relevant ads are supplied by the syndicate so counted them.

I had to do analysis of advertising revenues a while ago.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    But it cost the council £85,000 for an enquiry to establish that

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    She did not have the authority.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-60913569

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    And the next Zoom meeting was just as good.

Handforth Parish Council Zoom meeting dogged by rows again - BBC News

The public view cracked me up.
    Chortle! Every meeting they have now will probably be watched by millions!

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    And the next Zoom meeting was just as good.

Handforth Parish Council Zoom meeting dogged by rows again - BBC News

The public view cracked me up.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    As this seems to be a compliation thread for zoom* meeting fails...

'You’re upside down, Tom': US congressman appears wrong way up at House video hearing | US news | The Guardian

*other videoconferencing platforms are available
    Last edited by ladymuck; 18 February 2021, 08:55.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Do you mean they earn something every time you open a page?!

God, no wonder the Mail Online is free. I thought one actually had to click on one of their ads (which I never do) for them to earn anything.
    No idea.

I just assumed that page loading was counted and so there's tracking to show how many times an ad was presented with maybe a bonus for click throughs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X