• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "He's at it again...."

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Not a fan of the man but is it "Piers Corbyn designs leaflet" or "It credits the idea of the cartoon" ?
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I'd say the former is the click bait headline and the latter is closer to the truth.
    Originally posted by Janice Turner, The Times
    At the bottom of a leaflet depicting the entrance to Auschwitz, with its chilling sign Arbeit Macht Frei (“Work sets you free”) replaced with “Vaccines are safe path to freedom”, was the credit: “concept idea Piers Corbyn”
    And these leaflets were distributed to households in areas with high levels of ethnic minorities, and low levels of vaccine trust.

As St Peter said - you have freedom. True. Use it do good.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I didn't realise TB was 'rolled out'

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    What is it about people called Piers being imbeciles?

This clown would have died of tuberculosis in the 50s when they were rolling that one out.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Which is a very sad state of affairs
    I'm sorry you can't chase black people down the street making monkey noises anymore NLUK, must be tough.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I'm unsure how stating the fact of UK law is snowflakery. Perhaps you conflate someone saying something, and their views on the subject. That's a dangerous thing to do.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    We don't have free speech in this country.

You can speak but if it causes actual or potential negative consequences to someone else then you can be arrest, charged and face a trial over it.
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I didn't think the UK had free speech technically(?) but free speech never means you can do and say absolutely anything without consequence.

edit: SE beat me to it
    You snowflakes get woked far too easily.

Another option would be just to ignore him totally. This extreme response just encourages him and others are believe the giant alien lizards have an agenda.

Oh. You mean Piers Korbyn? I thought you meant AtW! Carry on....

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

You can speak but if it causes actual or potential negative consequences to someone else then you can be arrest, charged and face a trial over it.
    Which is a very sad state of affairs and is dangerous precedence. Sadly it's got way beyond actual or potential. Just being offended is now enough to quosh free speech which is wholly wrong.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I didn't think the UK had free speech technically(?) but free speech never means you can do and say absolutely anything without consequence.

edit: SE beat me to it

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I disagree with him - but what ever happened to free speech?

Best way is to do to him what they did to Nick Griffin/Griffiths. Put them on question time and expose them as complete idiots....

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I disagree with him - but what ever happened to free speech?

Best way is to do to him what they did to Nick Griffin/Griffiths. Put them on question time and expose them as complete idiots....

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    He's been arrested for it now:

Piers Corbyn arrested over vaccine '''Auschwitz leaflet''' - BBC News

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Well, interesting is not always crazy but crazy is always interesting.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Same thing.
    Ahh you were being polite....

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    FTFY
    Same thing.