• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Any weekend plans?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Any weekend plans?"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    She did say she was on cyclizine, not sure what that's for

She knows Brillo?

Seriously people can be really nice sometimes.

I mean we have been worried about you for years!

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    I have been running a horror RPG every Saturday evening since the start of the first lockdown.

We had the finale session on Saturday. It ended with two the players desperately fighting for control of an enchanted sword as the mythos old ones ripped through the fabric of space and time. 5 players. 2 had died of a heart attacks due to psychic attacks and one had been killed by another PC using the sword.

The players fought off psychic attacks as they wrestled and one began to seize the advantage when she was overcome by the mythos and died. The final player fought off mythos pyschic attacks (needing to roll more than 10 on 2D6 3 times in a row) to commit suicide with the enchanted sword and complete the ritual.

Was fun to finally finish it and the end felt suitably climactic.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I suppose being a nurse she can self medicate...
    She did say she was on cyclizine, not sure what that's for

In all seriousness, she was the nurse who came in the morning that Mrs W passed away to certify her death, and she was the nurse that came to see Mrs W the previous evening to administer meds, so she was very close to the whole process. She'd got to know Mrs W really well over the years so was really upset when she died - so, as vain as I am, she and her team are looking out for me due to the respect and admiration they had for Mrs W.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    She'd been looking after Mrs W for over 3 years, so she's had a live action shot of me in shorts many times She only vom'd once
    Once. But it lasted 3 years?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Whorty should show her that scene of him in escape to the country of him in his shorts - that will put her off.

Seriously for Whorty.
    She'd been looking after Mrs W for over 3 years, so she's had a live action shot of me in shorts many times She only vom'd once

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    And who could blame her. She's only human, after all
    I suppose being a nurse she can self medicate...

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Maybe she fancies you.
    And who could blame her. She's only human, after all

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Maybe she fancies you.
    Whorty should show her that scene of him in escape to the country of him in his shorts - that will put her off.

Seriously for Whorty.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Wife's nurse popped in to today to check I'm still alive.
    Maybe she fancies you.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    They'll do the same around her birthday and Christmas too, just as a warning to you

She died on her birthday, 27th Dec, so let's hope they put it all together into 1 day and not stretch it out!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I've been answering calls all day from concerned friends ... apparently today is a significant day for couples and everyone is concerned that today may trigger me having just lost the love of my life .... so they're contacting me as a constant reminder

Wife's nurse popped in to today to check I'm still alive. And one of my wife's carers msg'd me.

Everyone means well.
    They'll do the same around her birthday and Christmas too, just as a warning to you

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    I've been answering calls all day from concerned friends ... apparently today is a significant day for couples and everyone is concerned that today may trigger me having just lost the love of my life .... so they're contacting me as a constant reminder

Wife's nurse popped in to today to check I'm still alive. And one of my wife's carers msg'd me.

Everyone means well.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Went for a walk in the sunshine. At 1000m above sea level. -6°C and 30 mph winds. 'Twas a little chilly. But the views were fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Unless it's Ebola.
    You should have spun around 3 time widdershins coz it's back.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Could be a mild dose.
    Are you implying LM has a 'mild dose' ? Could explain why date night was off this week

Leave a comment:

Working...
X