• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Any thoughts on doing something for chariddy?"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    My wife requested that I set up a page for Cats Protection Bromley Branch if people wanted to give to her charity after her death (we got our cat from them).
    Can I get a cat from our local shelter... and backdate it 5 years?

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Yep, and try and make it something you enjoy, or have a connection with.

We set up a regular payment to the RSPB as behind us is a massive nature reserve which we regularly take the kids and dog for a walk around
    That'll be Rothwell Country park then. BTW I moved near you last July. I support the Canal trust as that's where I walk/cycle. Also kidney stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    How much to permaban Atwat? Set a high price as I reckon there are hundreds of CUK posters who would fund this. I managed to get 333 to sponsor me for an Ironman in 2012.
    Nice idea, a sponsored silence of the most riling members that allows the mods to abuse their power legitimately.

Similarly, how about pledges to try to coax back old classic members who may well be lurking.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    How much to permaban Atwat? Set a high price as I reckon there are hundreds of CUK posters who would fund this. I managed to get 333 to sponsor me for an Ironman in 2012.

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    I will donate to pretty much anything. I have one rule:

The management costs do not exceed 15%.

This means that I do not donate to any major charities, but have to put research into smaller ones that use more of my money to help people than to fundraise.

This requires my time and effort, which I view as a much more productive activity than doing laps of my paddock or jumping jacks.
    surely there should be a website somewhere listing the charities and their admin costs

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Just donate. You don't have to do anything specific.

Donate from your Ltd and you can even get tax relief on it.

If the big names don't float your boat then chucking a tenner a week, or even a month, at your local food bank will make a real, immediate, difference to someone's life.
    Yep, I'm ok with that.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    That's where you're going wrong, diet coke! You need proper coke with all the sugar and it helps to swallow a packet of Mentos at the same time
    "Proper" coke is "diet" thanks to UK government regulations.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    If I drank a litre of diet coke I reckon I could do maybe 10 loud burpees, but God only knows how anyone can do 1000 a day!
    That's where you're going wrong, diet coke! You need proper coke with all the sugar and it helps to swallow a packet of Mentos at the same time

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Don't fancy having to do 1000 burpees a day for 10 days.... that would make me
    If I drank a litre of diet coke I reckon I could do maybe 10 loud burpees, but God only knows how anyone can do 1000 a day!

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    I will donate to pretty much anything. I have one rule:

The management costs do not exceed 15%.

This means that I do not donate to any major charities, but have to put research into smaller ones that use more of my money to help people than to fundraise.

This requires my time and effort, which I view as a much more productive activity than doing laps of my paddock or jumping jacks.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    1000 burpees a day for 10 days

Mate just did that for bone cancer charity
    Mmmm can I do 2 for 2 days?

Hate the fecking things...

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    My wife requested that I set up a page for Cats Protection Bromley Branch if people wanted to give to her charity after her death (we got our cat from them).

Don't fancy having to do 1000 burpees a day for 10 days.... that would make me

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post

If the big names don't float your boat then chucking a tenner a week, or even a month, at your local food bank will make a real, immediate, difference to someone's life.
    Yep, and try and make it something you enjoy, or have a connection with.

We set up a regular payment to the RSPB as behind us is a massive nature reserve which we regularly take the kids and dog for a walk around

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    1000 burpees a day for 10 days

Mate just did that for bone cancer charity

Leave a comment:

Working...
X