• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "QE65Q95T or QE65Q800T"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I don't think it's the telly he's watching in the Butler's quarters.
    He’s already got 4k cameras with night filters installed there, now he needs a good “monitor” for it...

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    INKSPE 5 metres away you watching in the Butlers accommodation?
    I don't think it's the telly he's watching in the Butler's quarters.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
    What new TV?

I like the Samsung as the LG OLED is actually too thin and looks warped to my eye

Should I go 4K with the QE65Q95T with the invisible one connect cable or 8K splendour with the QE65Q800T, both on the wall connected to separate 5.1 surround and I sit ~5m away? Only £300 difference to upgrade to 8K although its not the top 8K they sell.
    INKSPE 5 metres away you watching in the Butlers accommodation?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    It's a fine call because it's very little money extra but I'd personally stick with the 4k one. No content out for 8k yet so I want something that's designed for what is out there, not designed ahead of its' time if that makes sense. Probably completely wrong but it's what I think.

One thing I don't get though... What's all this 65" nonsene? INKSPE... begone to mumsnet with you and take your tiny tellys with you....

QE85Q950TS or GTFO
    Last edited by northernladuk; 20 November 2020, 11:57.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    For 5 meters away - consider bigger than 65’’ model...

Leave a comment:

• tazdevil
    replied
    I'm following the advice of AtW

8K upscaling may be good but its an awful lot of extra pixels to invent and 8K content won't be around in quantity for a while. I can also get the 4K model with the wall mount included and the one connect box makes for a neat installation and no doubt should be able to bag a deal next Friday

Leave a comment:

• Colour Sergeant Bourne
    replied
    Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
    What new TV?

I like the Samsung as the LG OLED is actually too thin and looks warped to my eye

Should I go 4K with the QE65Q95T with the invisible one connect cable or 8K splendour with the QE65Q800T, both on the wall connected to separate 5.1 surround and I sit ~5m away? Only £300 difference to upgrade to 8K although its not the top 8K they sell.
    I went through this angst in 2019 - OLED vs QLED and the only QLED that impressed was Samsung 8k flagship model but it was a serious amount of money so I went for a Panny 65" OLED (which is a LG panel anyway)

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Don’t waste money on 8k

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Phone up Richer Sounds and ask them.

Leave a comment:

• tazdevil
    started a topic QE65Q95T or QE65Q800T

QE65Q95T or QE65Q800T

What new TV?

Working...
X